$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

dmax06

barely getting by......
May 10, 2009
white plains, GA
Well Im gonna go ahead and say this, but If i know Jeff, he is definately up to something! :D So....yal better have your ducks in a row if yal decide to participate. However, with that being said, I think this is a great idea and will definately be there to watch!!!

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
should be a fun race. even running 2.6 sled rules it should limit you to the size of turbo i would think due to no injectables. if i wasnt going to be on my way to Hawaii i would love to be there for this.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Is this a drag race or a sled pull :D

On the charger size rule why didn't it just say whatever you can spool on #2 only :spit:

Thought i read were this was geared towards old school racing for the average guy/street truck that doesn't have a pretty penny under the hood. People are going to take a sure enough race truck make it weigh 6K lbs and put a 2.6 bushing in it and call it good and run well into the 10's when a true 66mm charger in a truck weighing 6K lbs #2 only should run around 12.0-11.5

I still think it's cool and it will be one hell of a race i damn sure will be there to watch just wish i had the coin to participate

Just a heads up that track makes you run a turnup pipe on the exhaust not sure what they'll do on that day

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Jeff told me he thought this race was tailor made for dmaxes

I agree , the Dmax has the advantage when it comes to limiting turbo size IMOP

Is this a drag race or a sled pull :D

On the charger size rule why didn't it just say whatever you can spool on #2 only :spit:

Thought i read were this was geared towards old school racing for the average guy/street truck that doesn't have a pretty penny under the hood. People are going to take a sure enough race truck make it weigh 6K lbs and put a 2.6 bushing in it and call it good and run well into the 10's when a true 66mm charger in a truck weighing 6K lbs #2 only should run around 12.0-11.5

I still think it's cool and it will be one hell of a race i damn sure will be there to watch just wish i had the coin to participate

Just a heads up that track makes you run a turnup pipe on the exhaust not sure what they'll do on that day

Not sure i agree with this , I dont think this will be as one sided as most think , I know for a fact that there will be alot of carnage from guys running a 2.6 charger that hard , EGT's will be through the roof , and if you think it will ever be a true "normal guy" race with that kind of $$ on the line it will never happen , nor would it be half as exciting if it was , it has probably never happened in any other race like it I would guess , there will always be the "ringers" , after all its heads up racing in the end so the goal is the be the fastest truck you can be with out breaking .

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Man if all you big time guys come down here to Florida I gotta go see it. I would like to meet some of you anyway. Hopefully it comes through and everyone will make it.:happy2:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
They are getting the rules a bit more ironed out, no bushings, got to be a true 66mm charger. You must be at least 6000 lbs and weight every pass, no +/- 1% Dmaxes will have a large advantage followed by the common rail dodges. Fords will have no chance and I don't think the 12 and 24 valved pumped cummins will fair that well either. It is ready made for a single cab dmax, and a good tuner. EGT's would be out of sight I'd guess.:D Race is in Brandenton, FL near Sarasota.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
They are getting the rules a bit more ironed out, no bushings, got to be a true 66mm charger. You must be at least 6000 lbs and weight every pass, no +/- 1% Dmaxes will have a large advantage followed by the common rail dodges. Fords will have no chance and I don't think the 12 and 24 valved pumped cummins will fair that well either. It is ready made for a single cab dmax, and a good tuner. EGT's would be out of sight I'd guess.:D Race is in Brandenton, FL near Sarasota.

ken thats the hottness :D:spit:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Going to need a RC/LB with a rollbar/rollcage, built bottom end, twin cp3s, bigger injectors & DOT slicks to compete with full built pro street trucks.

I wouldn't count out a RC Ford with 6.4 & fuel mods

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
how the hell are you going to make it down the track without a ton of NOS? You better buy a plane ticket and go watch this one. Not your style to have a little charger and no squeeze.:poke:

ha ha dont you worry about it, it will cost you 500 and the trip there to find out how i do, oh and dont forget 2 place:D:D:D:D:D:hug::rofl::coolspot:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
how the hell are you going to make it down the track without a ton of NOS? You better buy a plane ticket and go watch this one. Not your style to have a little charger and no squeeze.:poke:

ha ha dont you worry about it, it will cost you 500 and the trip there to find out how i do, oh and dont forget 2 place:D:D:D:D:D:hug::rofl::coolspot:

lol oh you two. you are just lucky i am not able to race or you both would be showed up by me. :joker:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
My prediction.... A sled puller will take this one.:D Trust me, they really know how to make 2.6 chargers run, and know how to light huge singles with no N20 :D

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Chargers

Rob, I had no problem with a 3.2 charger getting it to light. I never used nitrous to spool. It will take a good 2.6 pulling charger to get it done. You can take it to the bank I would melt every piston in my motor to win 25K!!! I want to raise the compression anyhow. On second thought I will have that taken care of before the race. Jeff

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Rob, I had no problem with a 3.2 charger getting it to light. I never used nitrous to spool. It will take a good 2.6 pulling charger to get it done. You can take it to the bank I would melt every piston in my motor to win 25K!!! I want to raise the compression anyhow. On second thought I will have that taken care of before the race. Jeff

Jeff you putting a built motor in your truck again?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
My prediction.... A sled puller will take this one.:D Trust me, they really know how to make 2.6 chargers run, and know how to light huge singles with no N20 :D

they may know how to make alot of power but staring at tail lights when they get treed by a racer