$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I'm pretty sure I read on CompD they already have all the spots sold.

No only half so far best I can tell. I seriously doubt once the initial coming in your pants on the potential pay out settles down that ir will be difficult for them to get 100 trucks. It is not a, "Average or Common Joe" event. A common Joe has about the same odds as winning the lottery. The tricked up, "2.6 turbos", wink wink and all the other things will narrow the field to about 10 trucks that have a realistic chance of winning. If I were running and if they stick to their guns that if less than a full field than winner takes all, I hope for 98 or 99 trucks to enter. What will happen is if there is less than the 100, I sure that adjustments will be made. They are talking about 5 to 6 K for a Schied type 2.6 turbo??? How Common Joe is that??

I think a plane ticket in in order to go and watch.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
No only half so far best I can tell. I seriously doubt once the initial coming in your pants on the potential pay out settles down that ir will be difficult for them to get 100 trucks. It is not a, "Average or Common Joe" event. A common Joe has about the same odds as winning the lottery. The tricked up, "2.6 turbos", wink wink and all the other things will narrow the field to about 10 trucks that have a realistic chance of winning. If I were running and if they stick to their guns that if less than a full field than winner takes all, I hope for 98 or 99 trucks to enter. What will happen is if there is less than the 100, I sure that adjustments will be made. They are talking about 5 to 6 K for a Schied type 2.6 turbo??? How Common Joe is that??

6,000 for a 2.6 charger? wow those sled pullers are nuts!!!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

Thats just for a precision built clipped and protuded, one can be built for much less, and if you have a larger charger laying around, scheids allows bushings, so you can throw a bushing in, and clip the wheel to protrude into it.

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Thats just for a precision built clipped and protuded, one can be built for much less, and if you have a larger charger laying around, scheids allows bushings, so you can throw a bushing in, and clip the wheel to protrude into it.

x2 a very good 2.6 turbo can be built for a lot less.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
So what some of y'all are saying is you can take an S480 turbo and work it over to meet the rules for say an S466 class is this the way i'm understanding it right or no

I don't know anything about sled pulling just trying to learn something

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I have several "schied legal" chargers that i could probably borrow, now i just need a set of slicks... i shoulda kept mine around.:D Honesty, whoever wins will probably be right around 6k, even with the pulling stuff off my truck i could probably only get it to 6500 or so. Florida is looooooong ways too! Anybody bought a spot yet?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
no matter what i think this will be a fun event, i like the fact that it is a single charger and no injectables. keeps it simple.

if i had the time to go there and the money to spend on the entry fee and the drive i would enter. just need a turbo and a 2nd cp3

so get 2 sponsors maybe PPE and ATS or just one of them and get a turbo and dual cp3 from PPE like a GTX4202R with a 2.6 cover on it. Dan if you read this let me know HAHA:rofl:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I have several "schied legal" chargers that i could probably borrow, now i just need a set of slicks... i shoulda kept mine around.:D Honesty, whoever wins will probably be right around 6k, even with the pulling stuff off my truck i could probably only get it to 6500 or so. Florida is looooooong ways too! Anybody bought a spot yet?

Rob I don't know how light you can get your truck, but you are one of the pullers who also drag races and would have a huge advantage on the .4 pro tree. The pullers who have never ran on a pro tree will have a steep learning curve if they don't get a little practice before hand.;)

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
We had a Car/truck show, sled pull, tug of war, live band, 30 vendors & fireworks that 11,000 people came to. It was kinda a "trial run" If/when it's announced I'll be the first to post it up. :thumb:

Talking about Brooksville I take it? If so there was alot of people there at the end. Watching the EXCURSION catch on fire was interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward to going and watching this event as Bradenton isn't far away from me at all. Maybe even be able to do a get together since not many are down in this area it seems like.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Should make for an interesting day. 100 trucks, three passes each that 150 passes if no one breaks and they are all run as doubles, but you know they will. 16 trucks in the finals and that is 4 more rounds for the winner to a total of 7 passes to win or place second. I'd guess with that many trucks you are looking at at least 25% of them breaking given the EGT's many on them will be running and the fact many of them will be pushed way past their limits. All that is going to be tough to get in in a day, this track have lights?:D