$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I read that Jeff (stingpuller) ran some 11.2x @12x during test and tune today, and Matt (camomax) ran some 11.3x also!

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
We have the escalade somewhat figured out, we think we removed the ecm tq limiters, now on to check the tcm...we plan on pulling the muffler tomorrow and running it

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
What has Ben ran in the Escalade though ? :roflmao:

kyle tuned the ecm, im gonna tune the TCM tomorrow after we pull the exhaust off. Its loving some extra timing, even with a decent amount extra its just barely going into KR. This is on crap 87 octane fuel too. Kyle still needs to tweak the midrange a bit but it pulls pretty sweet up top with his base tune once you wind it out, and the GMT-900 light duty chassis is spot on...rock solid at higher speeds, great brakes too. Riding in a GMT-800 light duty SUV I start to feel uneasy around 90-95mph. The -900's are very stable and tight IMO.

The 6L80 is sweet too, in tow/haul it has grade braking and drives pretty much like an allison.

These L92's are monsters. All aluminum, 403hp/417tq stock, 6.2 liters, variable valve timing, and a badass-flowing set of heads. Ive heard that with a good tune you can touch 500hp (at the crank) on an otherwise completely stock engine. Long live the GM Gen III/Gen IV small block. :D

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
LS9 11' Camaro blown is some car Ligenfelder sp.? turns a 9.8 1/4 out the door for the price but that's raisin' hell for a dealer sold car again. Gotta/love that thing on the right roads.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
x2

So how did qualfying turn out? Is Matt the only one from here that made it thru round 1?

There wasn't all that many trucks that ran qualifying passes today, less than 20 I believe ran. Seen 3 different DODGE trannies apart in the pits after test and tune though(one of them was SUNCOASTS new DODGE that they abandoned the 68RFE for a 48RE and it smoked some clutches on em). At least a DMAX was the first one to put up a 10 second pass when it counted.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
[YOUTUBE]uOojXW3H2iY[/YOUTUBE]

I guess this was the fastest today. Not sure how they got the truck to 6030 lbs :eek:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I guess this was the fastest today. Not sure how they got the truck to 6030 lbs :eek:

There aint nothing to it really. That truck is stripped down pretty much bare bones nothin but engine and drivetrain. And I can only imagine how much money they have in there turbo as it has a BIG impeller hiding behind that protrusion.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
There aint nothing to it really. That truck is stripped down pretty much bare bones nothin but engine and drivetrain. And I can only imagine how much money they have in there turbo as it has a BIG impeller hiding behind that protrusion.

You need to find me tomorrow so I can shake your hand. We'll be by ED or Jeff or Brayden. Ask Eric Merchant where I am. My truck will be there also. Black, has B & B Pulling Team across the windshield & ProFab Performance decals on the bed

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
todd, i was looking for you today but couldnt find you, i was with Sonny (skintback) at the end of the track. just look for the black escalade that sounds like its got no muffler we disconnected it)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Impressive.

My guess on the hp is 750rwhp.

This is based on when Casper was 6420lb at HRP with 754rwhp, and ran 10.89.

Anyone know how fast the second quickest Dodge went?