2319hp duramax?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Some people love sled pulling, others love drag racing, and many like the dyno game. Its all about what makes you happy. Just dont try bringing your dyno numbers to the track or sled pulls. :rofl:

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Some people love sled pulling, others love drag racing, and many like the dyno game. Its all about what makes you happy. Just dont try bringing your dyno numbers to the track or sled pulls. :rofl:

At least not unless you have a fire extinguisher handy:roflmao:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Who cares how much they're putting down. I'd be impressed when they run a 8 sec truck. Sure I would dyno my own truck but just to get an idea of the average power I'm putting down in the street and to fine tune where the improvement are needed. I don't drag race my truck and never have. Maybe some day just to see what it does in the quarter.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Randy made 1950hp on the dyno and put 1750hp of it down the track no problem. 9.6@150 weight 7680lbs. Lavon only put about 1450hp down the track. No way that truck could handle much more power without losing control, he weights 4500lbs though.

Yeah I have to hand it to randy's dually. that was impressive. that one I belive was close to what he layed down on the dyno.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Baca is running triples and I believe d is still running compounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really? I looked under the hood in sept 15' and it didn't look like it had triples? but there is a lot going on under there so I could have missed one

Drock

Apr 20, 2015
Garrison ND
really? I looked under the hood in sept 15' and it didn't look like it had triples? but there is a lot going on under there so I could have missed one

I think after he wrecked it he changed things up. Listened to a podcast and he said he had triples under it now.

I could be wrong though. He changes things up quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah

Lol, September was a long time ago...

He had triples before he wrecked it. He changed his engine from a standard build to a deck plated roller cummins. Same triple gt55's setup as before. Gtx5533r 94mm on the manifold with 2) gt5541r 106mm for atmo chargers.

I'm not 100% positive what Dmitri's turbos are...a precision 94mm high pressure with some huge holset atmo, I heard it was 122mm, but don't know for sure.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Thanks for finding the video for me. I am on a fishing trip all weekend. Haven't had time to find it. Just happened to see it on facebook and wanted some opinions. I still think it's pretty impressive. I hear about dodges clearing 2k all the time but don't see many Chevrolets doing the same. This helps push the bar further and draw more attention to our platforms. People see that these numbers can be had and help come up with ways to push them harder and harder.

Do you really think that the original 5.9 cummins just came out with 2000k hp? No, people have showed others what theyre capable of and spiked their intrest. People come up with new ways to push all these engines as hard as we do now.

All I'm really trying to say is stuff like this helps our industry a lot more than it hurts. Wether it be on drag strip or not. This guy could've figured something out no one has thought of yet that could change everything. (Probably not) But you never know.

I will be sitting here
f8a55f3f63de96c8d31cfab5b91135a8.jpg

Enjoying my beer!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Looks like your flathead fishing?

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Lol, September was a long time ago...

He had triples before he wrecked it. He changed his engine from a standard build to a deck plated roller cummins. Same triple gt55's setup as before. Gtx5533r 94mm on the manifold with 2) gt5541r 106mm for atmo chargers.

I'm not 100% positive what Dmitri's turbos are...a precision 94mm high pressure with some huge holset atmo, I heard it was 122mm, but don't know for sure.

Seems like an odd triple setup to me. Everyone I've ever asked has stated the 94mm Garrett comp wheel is poor for diesel apps because it has a less than optimum performance in high pressure ratio situations... and from the tractor and truck pulling world I know 2800 fwhp can be made on fuel only with (2) cast wheel box 3.6 Holset's and a 4.1 Holset high pressure... so twin 106mm atmospheres seems overkill. And Van Haisley runs (2) 4.1 atmosphere turbos, but a 5"ish bottom charger to make over 3000 fwhp... And they actually load their engines to pull them down, not make some 1/10th of a second dyno blip when the chargers spool, lol!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Seems like an odd triple setup to me. Everyone I've ever asked has stated the 94mm Garrett comp wheel is poor for diesel apps because it has a less than optimum performance in high pressure ratio situations... and from the tractor and truck pulling world I know 2800 fwhp can be made on fuel only with (2) cast wheel box 3.6 Holset's and a 4.1 Holset high pressure... so twin 106mm atmospheres seems overkill. And Van Haisley runs (2) 4.1 atmosphere turbos, but a 5"ish bottom charger to make over 3000 fwhp... And they actually load their engines to pull them down, not make some 1/10th of a second dyno blip when the chargers spool, lol!
Yeah but your talking about guys that actually use the power they make.

These Dino divas (baca, dimitri, etc) wouldn't want to have to try and do that..... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Yeah but your talking about guys that actually use the power they make.

These Dino divas (baca, dimitri, etc) wouldn't want to have to try and do that..... lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

At the UCC Baca tried to use his power twice & caught on fire twice... D only dynoed. Smart move on his part actually

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I was really impressed with these results.

I don't understand why everyone that initial posted sounded so jealous.
When someone works hard and Dimitri has worked hard for this, you could respect that.

The comments were somewhat pathetic imo and I would have expected more form a mature group of individuals.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Haha you said mature. We're just a bunch of big kids playing with our toy trucks.

Got to give respect to the dyno queens for what they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Mature? Who?

I agree with meshanic. He's not a respectable figure. On the other hand take a look at firepunk and what Lavon has done. While being humble and not bringing negative attention to the sport.

9588901fd4dec7231232fb1f5c31dfdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk