2019 ucc

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mark said the turbo exploded and took out the fuel lines and electronics, which made the pumps go wide open. Air shutoff wouldnt have done jack.

Uh yeah it would if installed right before the intake pipe to the Y bridge. Unless the intake manifold was damaged also. Which it sounds like may have happened. But that’s the whole point of it.

Remove a component from the fire triangle and the fire goes out.
5b779ffb47c8e85694c7185be2dcc74c.jpg

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes it was a pretty crazy weekend that I will soon not forget even if I wanted too. The lowest of low coupled with the highest of highs. It was unfortunately a perfect storm and the only thing that would have made it better would have been an electronic fuel supply shut off or an injectable fire suppressant system like Brett installed on his truck since his fire 2 years ago. I'm just glad the lord was looking out for me and I was able to walk away.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Yes it was a pretty crazy weekend that I will soon not forget even if I wanted too. The lowest of low coupled with the highest of highs. It was unfortunately a perfect storm and the only thing that would have made it better would have been an electronic fuel supply shut off or an injectable fire suppressant system like Brett installed on his truck since his fire 2 years ago. I'm just glad the lord was looking out for me and I was able to walk away.

Perfect storm is right, glad you guys are ok :thumb:

If it took out the intake manifold, would you even be able to inject enough suppressant to stop it?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

Glad to hear you crawled out of there okay mark! On a side note. they make special fire extinguishers I’ve been seeing lately at big motor sport events that are awesome. I have forgotten the name, I was gonna buy one till I found out there were about 700 bucks. That shit from your standard abc extinguisher gets all over the engine and everything and it is a pain in the ass to clean up! I’m actually cleaning up some tonight still from a fire last year lol

Jun 28, 2010

. It’s amazing how fast shit happens. Glad that your alright!

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ansul and Kidde make automated foam and dry chem mix systems that I’ve seen put out runaway engine fires similar to how this one started on 60 litre Cummins engines in our mine haul trucks so they can put out a big engine fire and kill it. Downside is the weight of the bottles and plumbing needed to have enough product to be effective. May not be practical in a drag vehicle.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

The Nitrous back fire 40ft from us still has my head ringing. Love your passion buddy.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz

Just damn glad you're okay bud!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The Nitrous back fire 40ft from us still has my head ringing. Love your passion buddy.

No shit! I thought that was bad enough til the dyno happened! I will say that I was pretty nervous getting on my dyno this morning after all that happened this weekend. After the first pass it was back to business as usual. The crazy shit we do, lol!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
No shit! I thought that was bad enough til the dyno happened! I will say that I was pretty nervous getting on my dyno this morning after all that happened this weekend. After the first pass it was back to business as usual. The crazy shit we do, lol!

Dyno'ing your race truck?! :D

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Glad to hear you crawled out of there okay mark! On a side note. they make special fire extinguishers I’ve been seeing lately at big motor sport events that are awesome. I have forgotten the name, I was gonna buy one till I found out there were about 700 bucks. That shit from your standard abc extinguisher gets all over the engine and everything and it is a pain in the ass to clean up! I’m actually cleaning up some tonight still from a fire last year lol

stop fyre is the company your referring to they are awesome just really pricey

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
We got the official results. Buddy Nates Duramax took 3rd in the qualifier. Should have been 2nd but they let a dodge rehook after breaking a u-joint. Since he had more points then the 10th place UCC competitor he will get a invite for next years UCC. His truck did vary well for a true street truck (still has radio also). Ran a 6.00 with a allison :D. We both believe it has 5s in it. Hopefully he switches to Mark's tuning soon cause his current tuning is way outdated.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ultimate call-out challenge engine fire

Holly Sh!#t. Anyone else watch this?
[YOUTUBE]RUJrurvjYtg[/YOUTUBE]

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Merged 2004's explosion video thread with the main UCC thread.

Big to-do on CompD about it in the "UCC results" thread there.