2017 Duramax

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I wonder if they are holding off on releasing the 17's because it's taking longer to use up left over LML engines then they thought?

It's seems strange they haven't released anything at all on them by now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dmax Fan

Mar 27, 2016
Ohio
I wonder if they are holding off on releasing the 17's because it's taking longer to use up left over LML engines then they thought?

It's seems strange they haven't released anything at all on them by now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maybe or they just needed more time to fine turn them the 2017 Duramax/Allison

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Could be a lot of places but Russelsheim, Pontiac, Warren are the main locations for diesel development work. Ive been to 2 of them

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Dmax Fan

Mar 27, 2016
Ohio
He said one of the V6 Diesel is for Caddy and the other for a Chevy/GMC product.

He didn't say anything about the 4 Cylinder but wonder if its the Chevy Cruze new diesel...? Thoughts?

Mike L and hntngkd either one of you work for GM? Engines?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
He said one of the V6 Diesel is for Caddy and the other for a Chevy/GMC product.

He didn't say anything about the 4 Cylinder but wonder if its the Chevy Cruze new diesel...? Thoughts?

Mike L and hntngkd either one of you work for GM? Engines?

I think you are talking about the engine GM was copartnering in for the caddy then let ram scoop it up.

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I think you are talking about the engine GM was copartnering in for the caddy then let ram scoop it up.
They didn't let RAM scoop it up, they handed it to them with a friggen bow on top. They spent MILLIONS paying FIAT to design and build it, then decided there was no demand, and sold the rights to it back to FIAT for pennies on the dollar, and as soon as FIAT bought CHRYSLER, they slapped it in the JEEP GC, and announced it would go into the RAM.

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
Any idea who they are going to use for turbos then?

I'm putting my bets on the Honeywell dual-boost
Anyone know for certain what injectors they are going with? I'd guess the same as the baby DMax and be Denso sticks. Is the new ecu supplier confirmed- same as the injectors I bet they are going to be the same manufacturer (continental in this case).

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Anyone know for certain what injectors they are going with? I'd guess the same as the baby DMax and be Denso sticks. Is the new ecu supplier confirmed- same as the injectors I bet they are going to be the same manufacturer (continental in this case).

Wanna bet? Its a borg...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

As far as I heard, it is Denso fuel system, and a Continental controller.

The controller they are using is basically the "big brother" to the 2.8 Dmax controller and shares a fair amount of code with it too from what I understand.

Ben

Dmax Fan

Mar 27, 2016
Ohio
I have heard the same

As far as I heard, it is Denso fuel system, and a Continental controller.

The controller they are using is basically the "big brother" to the 2.8 Dmax controller and shares a fair amount of code with it too from what I understand.

Ben