2017 Duramax

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Wondering how you guys ordered your trucks without pricing. You just put the 500 down? I got a price when I ordered mine.

Pricing was not available when mine was ordered. And I didn't put any money down. Mine is a high country so I'm expecting to drop 65

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Did you trade in your 15'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No still have it lol

Pricing was not available when mine was ordered. And I didn't put any money down. Mine is a high country so I'm expecting to drop 65

ah gotcha. They wouldn't let me order until they knew what it was going to be.

Shit, I doubt you'll get it for that. My 16 was sticker 68, I figure probably gonna be 71 the next time around...

My sticker was 71 and a couple hundred, I'm at 66 with some rebates yet to go.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Shit, I doubt you'll get it for that. My 16 was sticker 68, I figure probably gonna be 71 the next time around...

I got my 16 for 50 out the door. Literally have 500 trucks on the lot at any given time. Big volume. Now my Chevy dealer doesn't get that volume discount from gm... so who knows.

Eric91z

Feb 8, 2015
How in the hell does banks get so much info on these? Must help design?

Recent issue of either Truck Trend, Diesel World, something had short article that Banks has been working with the Government version of this motor since like 2015. So new design has been around for a bit...

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Recent issue of either Truck Trend, Diesel World, something had short article that Banks has been working with the Government version of this motor since like 2015. So new design has been around for a bit...

We've been testing them since 2012

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We've been testing them since 2012

Allison signed off on the trans in Oct. 2014. Truck with new engine and transmission were being driven around at that time. My source said the engine was pretty bad back then but the trans was great.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I can imagine how much cleaner the engine will look like under the hood when all that emission crap is removed.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
BANKS won the contract to build the militaries new up armored vehicles, and are building the 7.1L DURAMAX strokers for them. He posted up on FB awhile back where the DURAMAX plant was actually shut down, and they brought in his custom blocks, and had them all machined and short blocks assembled in the plant using his parts. Pretty nice setup from what I could find. ALL custom blocks, larger journals(not as large as the L5P), custom rods, steel pistons, his own heads, basically the works. Theres videos on youtube showing the trucks powered by them, but you can't hear the engines over the friggen cooling fan roaring away. I believe he said they also use the same engine in the military marine versions rated at 500-900HP(the military mandated that ALL of there boats and equipment be diesel powered now). If you follow his FB page and posts on the clean diesel group, Gale slips in some snippets here and there about the engines he's now building. He also posted up saying they've been using the L5P for a few years now in there basic marine conversions as test mules with EXCELLENT results.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
BANKS won the contract to build the militaries new up armored vehicles, and are building the 7.1L DURAMAX strokers for them. He posted up on FB awhile back where the DURAMAX plant was actually shut down, and they brought in his custom blocks, and had them all machined and short blocks assembled in the plant using his parts. Pretty nice setup from what I could find. ALL custom blocks, larger journals(not as large as the L5P), custom rods, steel pistons, his own heads, basically the works. Theres videos on youtube showing the trucks powered by them, but you can't hear the engines over the friggen cooling fan roaring away. I believe he said they also use the same engine in the military marine versions rated at 500-900HP(the military mandated that ALL of there boats and equipment be diesel powered now). If you follow his FB page and posts on the clean diesel group, Gale slips in some snippets here and there about the engines he's now building. He also posted up saying they've been using the L5P for a few years now in there basic marine conversions as test mules with EXCELLENT results.

There are other people involved that you don't know about. A lot more info you don't know.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No kidding! Honestly, that makes my Wagler heads look choked off. :eek:

I'm with FERM, if these injectors can be run off a previous gen ECU, this could be a sweet upgraded head for the older motors.

Corrected that for you. ;)

I wouldnt have the faintest idea if they would be compatible or not. Would be interesting to see what the injector mounting layout is, though....you never know if older ones may fit. I see that you'd have to run the L5P intake clams b/c of the different bolt-up.

Oh, what the heck do I care? Im never going to own one of these anyway. $71K for a truck?!? Oh hell no.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
My sisters boyfriends cousins brothers stepdad works with a guy who talked to a guy while on break that said he heard the 2017 Duramax is gonna be a V8.

Last edited:

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
+1 on that one.

How far out of line is this said price? Are the workers building them free? Are the massive testing facilities free? Are the manufacturers processes easy and cheap? When I want something expensive I work hard and long for is and it feels good to get it. I'll pay 60-70k all day long for these trucks. I have used trucks also but if you buy a 100k mile truck for 20k less guess what your gonna repair it constantly! Trust me