2017 Duramax

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
I think GM is just trying to get rid of as many of the 16's as they can, otherwise why the hold up on ordering? Not to many folks will buy a 16 once they let the hp/torque #s out of the bag on the 17's, unless of course the numbers don't warrant all the frickin waiting and or the sticker price sucks! Maybe GM knows more than their saying lol....:roflmao:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I think GM is just trying to get rid of as many of the 16's as they can, otherwise why the hold up on ordering? Not to many folks will buy a 16 once they let the hp/torque #s out of the bag on the 17's, unless of course the numbers don't warrant all the frickin waiting and or the sticker price sucks! Maybe GM knows more than their saying lol....
They were having some serious problems with the new ones. Can't say much more though. I think they're stalling so they can fix the issues.

I'm holding off till 18.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
They were having some serious problems with the new ones. Can't say much more though. I think they're stalling so they can fix the issues.

I'm holding off till 18.

Serious problems? Not a bad idea to wait awhile anyway, new designs usually tend to have some issues. I'm holding off until late next year at the earliest or just order an18 myself.
It sure would be nice to know what the hell is really going on though!

Hrspwr1320

Sep 1, 2016
I have been monitoring this thread for some time as I want to replace my 06 HD. As my frustration has grown with the lack of information on the 17, I just decided to live chat with someone from GM. Much to my disappointment, these aren't even slatted for production until late Oct, from what she said. She also said 6-12 weeks after that before they reach the dealers. :angry4:

Hrspwr1320

Sep 1, 2016
ABOUT MSRP

Keep in mind that all prices provided represent the current Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price and do not include tax, title, license, dealer fees, and optional or dealer-installed equipment. The current MSRP for the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD with a crew cab, long box, and single rear wheel is $52,520.00 with a destination charge of $1,195.00.

Hrspwr1320

Sep 1, 2016
Production

Heather:
4:22:33 PM​
I see that production is scheduled to begin in late October for the Silverado HD. Production generally takes 6-12 weeks before vehicles begin arriving at the dealership.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Damn. Hope it's nothing so serious it will cause issues down the road. I'm hoping it's an emissions issue and they decide release them without any emissions! ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

I'm holding off till 18.

ok name your source? Someone else on the forums? Your brothers uncles friend?

Its not worth causing mass hysteria when you cant even provide a source or more detail.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Here's an interesting photo, look what's stamped on the charge air pipe :)
77cee686b5191ba4fc6743928f317edd.png

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
L5P HP/Torque #s guess........

Alright this thread has gone dead. We know the official numbers will be out soon, (ie the texas state fair) So let's here it from the unofficial crowd. what do believe the real numbers will end up being for GM's new L5P Duramax engine?
My guess 460 HP 975 torque :confused:

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Alright this thread has gone dead. We know the official numbers will be out soon, (ie the texas state fair) So let's here it from the unofficial crowd. what do believe the real numbers will end up being for GM's new L5P Duramax engine?
Kinda doubt it'll be quite that much but that'd be great if it is!

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa

If they do 975 ftlbs then they are f'ing idiots because then someone else is gonna throw a extra 25 ftlbs on there just to trump them and be the first to a 1000. If its that close I hope they don't make the mistake of not hitting 4 digits. Not that its that big of a difference but when Joe Blow is looking at trucks it may make a difference to them.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If they do 975 ftlbs then they are f'ing idiots because then someone else is gonna throw a extra 25 ftlbs on there just to trump them and be the first to a 1000. If its that close I hope they don't make the mistake of not hitting 4 digits. Not that its that big of a difference but when Joe Blow is looking at trucks it may make a difference to them.

This! I couldn't agree more