IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It's like they are begging to be deleted......lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Hope this link works.... could they have dicked up the Urea tank any more? I swear :mad:

GM Engineer: "Lets make the low hanging tank hang lower and make it look like a rubbermaid container!"

I see no problem with the DEF tank. . . . but then I love Rubbermaid containers. . . .

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Why hasn't an aftermarket company come up with a relocation kit yet lol. Not everyone wants to delete their 70k truck and lose their warranty. It's going to be my new work truck and I bet I would have ripped it or damaged it this summer at least a dozen times on jobsites. Guess I'll be walking more.

I'm sure my "DEF relocation kit" idea is a lot easier said than done though. I could only imagine extending DEF lines and it freezes up easier. Esp when its -20 out like right now. :rofl:

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
Are people seeing these tanks getting damaged? Or ripped off? I have seen 100s of lmls Thur my shop and haven't had any issues...Just curious who has damaged there's and how?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Believe it or not the fuel tank is the same height, it just sits on the inside of the frame so it doesn't look as low. The fact that it's right behind the wheel is the main cause for concern imo not the height. Plus it's hideous

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Are people seeing these tanks getting damaged? Or ripped off? I have seen 100s of lmls Thur my shop and haven't had any issues...Just curious who has damaged there's and how?

Seen a couple get smashed and not ripped off but loose. when guys beat company trucks down lease roads with big ruts WFO. Bad roads aren't common anymore but when we do get one during a move from all the trucks being in and out, you usually find a weak spot in someone's truck.

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
I just talked to my local stealership guy in Reno Nv, and he told me that the truck I ordered back in November has been built and has passed quality control including a vin#, but now the feds want it and the 3000+
other trucks waiting to be shipped to be smogged!!! He told me it could be a huge problem, that it could take the engine and catalytic converter approximately 1,800 miles to break-in and cat converter cycles to be able to pass smog, WTF over???

Hope this isn't another Volkswagen fiasco, because these trucks are already hitting the streets and they wouldn't be if they weren't legitimate, right?

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
There's got to be a reason no one has a 17 yet. I work for the guy who's family owns Lowes and he doesn't have his yet, something is up, he had his 15 in January of 14. I'm glad I listened to my dealer buddy and grabbed a 16. I really didn't believe him 100% when he said no one would take delivery untill after the new year...

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
I just talked to my local stealership guy in Reno Nv, and he told me that the truck I ordered back in November has been built and has passed quality control including a vin#, but now the feds want it and the 3000+
other trucks waiting to be shipped to be smogged!!! He told me it could be a huge problem, that it could take the engine and catalytic converter approximately 1,800 miles to break-in and cat converter cycles to be able to pass smog, WTF over???

Hope this isn't another Volkswagen fiasco, because these trucks are already hitting the streets and they wouldn't be if they weren't legitimate, right?

Was this a salesman that told you that?

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
No, a National sales director. He also said none of the 3000+ trucks have bee issued invoices either, mine included. so something is up. he said they always issue an invoice with the vin numbers.

Last edited:

Toxic

Dec 30, 2015
Mansfield, OH
No, a National sales director. He also said none of the 3000+ trucks have bee issued invoices either mine included, so something is up. he said they always issue an invoice with the vin numbers.

There have been quite a few delivered already. A few on the DF have them, PPEI, DT, WCF all have them. Not to mention they are starting to show up at dealers all around the country, we have a couple around here that have them.

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
I'm hoping that it's all just B.S. I'll try to get some more info tomorrow on it, but if it's not and they're already selling em they might be going back to the dealerships :(

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

Its true there is some uncertainty with a new engine pertaining to emissions output during the initial break in, but the EPA can't legally hold ALL new trucks unless there was a problem.