2017 Duramax

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
This is not 100% accurate

Originally Posted by ripmf666
445/850 L5P still using A1000. Bosch ECM E41 8.X
New larger engine mounts, crankshaft fillet rolling driven by upwards of 200 bar cylinder pressure.
No model change as Ben said cost to much. For frame changes and updating block/crank would run upwards of 200 million to do.

Do not see supplier change on turbo. Just new model custom vgt.

The MY17+ECM will integrated brushless electronically reg fuel system. Fuel tank zone module for diesel and gas. Brushless fuel pump greater performance and durability vs a brushed.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
This is not 100% accurate

Originally Posted by ripmf666
445/850 L5P still using A1000. Bosch ECM E41 8.X
New larger engine mounts, crankshaft fillet rolling driven by upwards of 200 bar cylinder pressure.
No model change as Ben said cost to much. For frame changes and updating block/crank would run upwards of 200 million to do.

Do not see supplier change on turbo. Just new model custom vgt.

The MY17+ECM will integrated brushless electronically reg fuel system. Fuel tank zone module for diesel and gas. Brushless fuel pump greater performance and durability vs a brushed.

I saw you said that earlier, but since you seem to not be able to share what you know, I'll take it that Henry's info is pretty close to accurate and run with it. That is unless you want to fill us in on what you know. ;) :cool2:

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Not a Bosch ECM,
Block and crank have changed slightly.
Turbo supplier has changed

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
As I said to the salesman in '08, No manual gearbox, no sale. I'd rather have a slow truck with a stick than a fast one with an auto.

The 2015s look sweet , but they are such pigs on fuel mileage

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The rear vents went away in 2007.5, not 2003.

Actually, if you really want rear vents in your 2007.5-2014 truck, you can use console parts from a 2007-2014 Escalade EXT...they still had the rear vents.

Ben

Figured but wasn't sure.

That's something I didn't know about the escalade deal, my brother has been wanting to add back vents for his little ones in his 2010. I'll have to pass that along

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
buy an 01-02 :D
My 95 BURB has a REAL A/C system in the back, as well as independant heat that the rear passengers can control. None of this same air as the front passengers stuff. The rear air actually gets colder than the front because it's eveap is a bit larger than the fronts, and it has an expansion valve on it. BURBS do have some advantages over trucks.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
My 95 BURB has a REAL A/C system in the back, as well as independant heat that the rear passengers can control. None of this same air as the front passengers stuff. The rear air actually gets colder than the front because it's eveap is a bit larger than the fronts, and it has an expansion valve on it. BURBS do have some advantages over trucks.

Yeah but where do you expect to put the second HVAC box, blower, and ducting in a pickup truck cab??? Obviously there are reasons that the pickup trucks dont have separate rear HVAC..........

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
17 highway at 65mph.... Wife's 6.2 Yukon gets 16.9 in town....

Both of our LMLs get the same terrible mileage... But I still love the trucks.

Big Block, come hook your lml to my boat, I promise you, you won't make more than 200 miles before you have to refuel.

I didnt see this sorry man. We are still seeing decent mileage out of the lml.

I think i saw a pic of your boat and if i remember correct shes a big girl. But even with regen cycles the lml beats the lb7 in mileage when loaded heavy. I couldnt tell you the unloaded numbers. It did just roll 120k and no real issues minus incompetent tire mounting and balancing and that did kill some seals in front diff that gm repaired.

Either way still very happy with the lml but we wont buy a 2nd one still. Should have got a 2nd 13 when they were new. The new chevys just kill me with that massive grill with the huge chrome center bar. Maybe the new ones will look better. But we willwait and see what the 17 looks like.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm hearing Ford will come out with a class first of 1000lb.ft tq. Be interesting to see what Ram will do. It seems GM is on the sidelines with their HD. I guess only time will tell when GM releases hp/tq figures in the near future. In any case, I'm still buying GM.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Hate to say this, but right now ford is kicking ass and taking names. The little ecoboost motors are down right impressive. A 2.7TT will absolutely kill a 5.3 Silverado. I'll never buy a ford, but they are doing some cool stuff. Wish GM would come in and clean everybody's clock like they did back in 2000 with the dmax.