2017 Duramax

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hate to say this, but right now ford is kicking ass and taking names. The little ecoboost motors are down right impressive. A 2.7TT will absolutely kill a 5.3 Silverado. I'll never buy a ford, but they are doing some cool stuff. Wish GM would come in and clean everybody's clock like they did back in 2000 with the dmax.

I'm totally with you on that!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I agree, Ford is killing it! That little Focus ST with the turbo ecoboost engine, racing seats, M6 trans, etc. is a beast of a little car! The ecoboost Taurus SHO outruns the mustang GT. :eek: The ecoboost f150 can dip into the 12s with a few minor mods. And now the new super duty series is looking promising.

They are kicking ass and taking names!

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I agree with Wolf. I will NEVER buy a ford truck, but they are doing some impressive things with small engines. I hate to say it myself but if i was looking brand new...I might lean towards a Ram. But it would have to be fully loaded with every option and the one thing that gets me leaning toward a Ram is the three words that GM forgot... Six Speed Manual

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Wow has anyone seen the new superduty? Just when i think they are starting to look fairly decent they install the biggest ugliest chrime grille i have ever seen.

The new f150's are sharp though the new front end looks great to me. Only truely good looking gm truck to me right now is the canyon colorado.

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
Wow has anyone seen the new superduty? Just when i think they are starting to look fairly decent they install the biggest ugliest chrime grille i have ever seen.

The new f150's are sharp though the new front end looks great to me. Only truely good looking gm truck to me right now is the canyon colorado.
The new superdutys look like F-150s from a 5-10 years ago. UGLY

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Many years ago I used to only buy Ford products . After owning 3 new fords , 1 car , 1 half ton truck and an Excursion all brand new I noticed a common problem with all 3 . The front rotors would warp causing vibration and shimming after 10-15k . First 2 vehicles I replaced rotors and brakes 7-8 times within 100k miles . The Excursion was a 1 ton frame/suspension etc By 15k rotors were warped too . I got rid of it . Thru my job I had a new Chevy 1/2 ton truck I drove it the same as my personal , never had a problem with the rotors at all .since then my personal vehicles are all Chevy/GMC . I have not had any issues with warping of rotors with Chevy/GMC . I have a dually with 275k no warping .If you look at the Fords and Dodges they typically have a lot of brake dust on the front wheels if left unwashed for any length of time . I'll stay with Chevy/GMC

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Not sure how true it is but I read somewhere that gm still hasn't raised towing capacity to Ford and Ram's level. Max is still under 24k. According to the interwebz .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The cab looks a lot like a GMC to me. Especially the windows in the back doors.

Not loving the dually fenders, the grill or the new "C" shaped headlights. I appreciate them actually using an appropriately-shaped round wheel well though. Why GM hangs on the square wheel wells is beyond me. Just doesn't make any sense.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I haven't read or heard anything new. All I keep hearing about is Ford/Ram gunning for the big numbers. Even the articles I read have a "Why GM isn't in this comparison" section.

Sad to see the marketing guys at GM not do anything. Who knows, maybe they have a surprise coming?

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I agree, Ford is killing it! That little Focus ST with the turbo ecoboost engine, racing seats, M6 trans, etc. is a beast of a little car! The ecoboost Taurus SHO outruns the mustang GT. :eek: The ecoboost f150 can dip into the 12s with a few minor mods. And now the new super duty series is looking promising.

They are kicking ass and taking names!
Those st are fast as sh** cousin had a burnt yellow one. Had it tuned with exhaust, intake, and blow off you couldn't hardly get on it without the steering wheel Jerking out of your hand. Ford has stepped up big time.....unfortunately Chevrolet hast here lately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I really don't see why everyone is saying GM isn't doing anything? They're remaining competitive with a power-train that has been out since 2010 - typically, beating Dodge and Ford in towing comparisons, which have higher advertised ratings.

Unless you consider remaining silent while working in the labs "doing nothing". I'm betting they're going to come out with one hell of a show, similar to how they did with the introduction of the Duramax.

Especially if these new Denso injectors include the I-ART system and if GM decides the electrically assisted DPF is ready for release - those alone would bring the benefit of substantially better mileage and time between regens; then EADPF have reduced regen times down to 60-80% of conventional methods.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
No matter what I'm still excited lol.

I remember being 11 when the original Duramax came out, had gray champagne metallic crew cab from an off road magazine taped to my tv dresser that had been lifted 6", etc.

Man was it sweet haha.