2002 FE9

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Me neither, but I’ll look into it :) Shippo has been great though.

OB DMAX Content: looks like I turned the bars down a little much to use the Kryptonite UCAs. I can’t get the driver’s side caster down below 5.1 degrees. So my alignment has no caster split when I picked the truck up today. Argh. If they called me, I could have had them adjust the bars up until it would come down some… but oh well.

That said, the drive home was great. Everything felt right and fantastic and I wasn’t wandering.

Run it. If you don’t feel a pull, means the road crowns your drive on are low. Honestly I’d just add more caster to the pass side but that’s cause we all know each other lol. You probably would never know the additional caster and if you have larger than stock tires, it’s more better. You only need .5-.7 more on the pass side to adjust for a typical crown.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That was my thought. I’d love to add more passenger for the desired split. Pass Adjuster looks maxed though. So I’ll run it and see.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That was my thought. I’d love to add more passenger for the desired split. Pass Adjuster looks maxed though. So I’ll run it and see.

It screws with camber/toe too so unless it’s on the rack, I wouldn’t touch it

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I meant tempted to get it on a rack and redo to add caster to pass side. Now that I think about it… it can’t be maxed - it must be minimized. So I could dial up more on a realignment. Hmm. Brain fart.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Shipping should be a little easier now. I turned him on to a free account at Shippo. It was 1/2 the cost to return my core, compared to full
price at the UPS store when he sent. Ouch. lol

In the last two days, I drove 3 different dmaxes, and WOW did it feel good to be back in my rig :) What a great feeling to be happy with what you have!

Who isn't using PirateShip these days? lol

Honestly I didn’t know about them lol

Same. Never heard of it

I've been using ShippingEasy for years now, zero complaints and much cheaper rates than going to the UPS store. I may have to check out some others. The ability to print directly to a thermal printer has been awesome (and they're not super expensive) plus the labels seem to hold up better to the treatment UPS/FedEx/USPS/DHL put these packages through.................

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was working on the truck today at my buddy’s lift. Truetrac is in :) I changed fluids and picked up some old parts I’d left behind from last spring. I never looked at my old cam, but WHOA BABY did I see it today!!! I’m glad that I upgraded to a keyed cam and pinned the crank.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.png
    IMG_0477.png
    947.3 KB · Views: 31

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I grabbed some adjustable 1” or 2” drop shackles and slapped them in a few mins ago. I set them to 2” and I was amazed at the amount of drop. I took it for a spin and it drives and feels great. I might leave it right here!

The new bed is beautiful and rust free, but needs to be resprayed to color match. I’m thinking maybe I can get my sister to make me a window sticker ala Roadkill with “I flock to beaters” and a pic of my mismatched truck instead of their c10, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 15

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I’m still doing little things here and there. I finally got off my ass to see what was up with the ihi inlet. Oh hell! Gasket was installed wrong and then cut? I cleaned it and flattened the surface a little and then installed a new gasket. I added a little hi temp rtv on each side of the gasket. I picked up about 4psi out of the s475 and more boost overall.

AC is still leaking 🤬. I think it’s might be behind the dash. I’ll have to pressure up with nitrogen again and see wtf. I’m getting sick of this one.

Cold mornings have also made the dash worse. Lots of “U” codes and a ton of Christmas lights and wild fluctuating gauges. It goes away after a little bit. Gotta get on that one soon too.

Lowering link is a keeper! Gotta shim the axle to get the pinion angle back though. I have some vibe.

The truck is noticeably faster with the leak solved, duh. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0660.jpeg
    IMG_0660.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 5

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I just got back home from getting my buddy’s 72 Challenger running 🤤 I have not exceeded tune 4, but I’m seeing 32psi out of the S475 and 48.5 total. The truck is much more responsive too.