2002 FE9

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I don’t know how old they are, Sean (Oregondmax)installed them. But even when they both worked, they barely cast any light.
They don't look like the current products they sell so I wonder if that's stuff they were buying from over seas before they started making them here.

The new stuff is completely different. A buddy of mine turned me on to them. They were much brighter than the Baja Designs stuff he had on his raptor but didn't cost near as much as the Rigid products.

Reactions: darkness

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
All the guy had to do was turn the bed over and match the rails. Use a couple 2x2's in the stake pockets and two straps between the hold downs of the two beds to hold it on. I got the q-steer bed back from mizzou that way.
Like a hardcore camper shell 😁

Reactions: TheBac

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Bed is sold. I have no words for what just happened, but it’s loaded and paid for and gone!
You think that's Sketch? I sold an extended cab, cab with the left doors on it to a kid and they used an old 70's Toyota pick up to transport it.

And he took it on the freeway like that....

14583.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: darkness

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I sold a corvair engine to two guys in a new model VW Beetle with flowers painted all over it, pulling a snowmobile trailer with the tongue almost on the street. They loaded the engine all the way forward and I heard them scraping the whole way through the neighborhood.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That took a lot of brains. ^^^^ :ROFLMAO:

Im starting to think I should move these towing pictures into their own thread, like Ike's "Seriously?" thread. :LOL:

The bed and the cab are not really towing though... Lol

Technically they are just hauling.

We could make a thread for sketchy stuff like that though. I just couldn't believe they made it nearly 40 miles like that and never got stopped. That truck was on the Bump stops and it was a manual transmission. I have more pictures from loading it as well. And yes, It's top heavy just as it looks.

I am not even sure how they got it off in 1 piece.

I also have a bed on a bed as described with 2x4's earlier in this thread.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
The Minworx steering box is in. Amazing!!! It’s just the right amount of assist. Super easy in 4wd or parking lot jockeying, but not over assisted in normal driving. Super tight too. Zero play for the first time :)

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpeg
    IMG_0268.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0267.jpeg
    IMG_0267.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 13

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Nothing overly exciting of late. Knocked a few
more things off the list though! Torsion bar bushings, lower control arm
Bushings, and the fender liner is back in the front passenger side, thanks to a friend and a heat gun. lol SS brake hoses installed up front too. She’s sitting at the alignment shop now after the new bushings.

Steering box is fantastic! I must have had an internal leak in the old one, because my brakes are also much improved.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Between the steering box in my tracker and the ones we put in trucks, I’ve got 0 complaints from him. Just hard for it to be conducive to people not in Phoenix. If I can keep a few in the shelf, I may offer them on here. Just need a few more cores to rebuild

Reactions: 1TRIKHD and N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Shipping should be a little easier now. I turned him on to a free account at Shippo. It was 1/2 the cost to return my core, compared to full
price at the UPS store when he sent. Ouch. lol

In the last two days, I drove 3 different dmaxes, and WOW did it feel good to be back in my rig :) What a great feeling to be happy with what you have!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Me neither, but I’ll look into it :) Shippo has been great though.

OB DMAX Content: looks like I turned the bars down a little much to use the Kryptonite UCAs. I can’t get the driver’s side caster down below 5.1 degrees. So my alignment has no caster split when I picked the truck up today. Argh. If they called me, I could have had them adjust the bars up until it would come down some… but oh well.

That said, the drive home was great. Everything felt right and fantastic and I wasn’t wandering.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 6