jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Dmitri, what did you do, switch the motor from the dually into your truck?:D I know of some guys that can setup a dyno to make a 540hp pickup read 663hp.....so i just want to know how deep the guy running the dyno is into your pocket?! HA HA HA. best of luck, and get ready to do my injectors again, i have a couple of +4's in park.:(

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
Dmitri, what did you do, switch the motor from the dually into your truck?:D I know of some guys that can setup a dyno to make a 540hp pickup read 663hp.....so i just want to know how deep the guy running the dyno is into your pocket?! HA HA HA. best of luck, and get ready to do my injectors again, i have a couple of +4's in park.:(

D says "Thanks for the good luck! But why in the hell would I switch the motor out of the dually? The motor in the red truck is making WAY more power than the dually. Hahahaha."

P.S. Drake is DEEP in my pocket!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
This may be a stupid question, but are any (or extra) safety precautions being taken (driveshaft loops, tranny blanket, keeping people back, etc.)? I know when truck pulling and a motor pops, things tend to go flying, and that is with a lot LESS power/stress. If this thing hits 2000 or is capable of hitting 2000 before it MIGHT blow, I would expect the pieces would be traveling quite far/fast and be HOT. It's not everyday these drivelines are subjected to a 1500+HP, so it would not be out of the realm of possibility to expect some carnage.

I hope Dimitri does it (hits 2000+RWHP and it lives) and shuts a lot of people up (from ALL camps), but I would hate to see it be a lesson learned the hard way if someone gets hurt.

Good Luck and be safe.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I think a quick spike on a dyno to 2K is probably possible and the engine would hold together. What any of that means I don't know but I think it can be done. How many times it would do it is the real question, and yes, I think everyone should be away from the truck and a shield set up around it and the dyno operator just to be safe. I was standing next to Nick D'Amico's truck on the dyno at the DPC when his turbo let go and showered all of us with impeller parts, and he had a stack.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
thanks everyone we just pulled up to totalperformance, we made our appearance in front of drakes shop by doing a 60 foot burn out still hooked to the trailer:happy2: tow rig gets some haha, will make all final adjustments and probably take the stock cp3 off the top for the 120 stroker pump, im still undecided on that, some people say two stock cp3s are not capable of 2k what are everyones thoughts??? input please??:confused::confused::confused:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Dmitri put the 120 stroker on what the hell? More fuel more air and more nitrous is what is neeeded in this situation, throw the kitchen sink at it and it will hit the 2k mark guarenteed

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I know of other pullers that drain 2 stroker pumps. And some that drain 3 stock pumps. None are even close to 2000 hp.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
thanks everyone we just pulled up to totalperformance, we made our appearance in front of drakes shop by doing a 60 foot burn out still hooked to the trailer:happy2: tow rig gets some haha, will make all final adjustments and probably take the stock cp3 off the top for the 120 stroker pump, im still undecided on that, some people say two stock cp3s are not capable of 2k what are everyones thoughts??? input please??:confused::confused::confused:

It is better to have more fuel if you have more nitrous/air. Built pumps really shine at high RPM.

Stay away from peak torque, and hit it hard at 3500rpm.

Good luck!! :hug:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
It is better to have more fuel if you have more nitrous/air. Built pumps really shine at high RPM.

Stay away from peak torque, and hit it hard at 3500rpm.

Good luck!! :hug:

thanks for the advice pat i will switch the stroker pump over in the morning we pulled about 10 times tonight with a best of 1046 on a 1800 pulse tune 40 jet of nitrous just kinda feeling out the dyno tonight, drakes dyno is about 140 horse tighter ours at custom, not sure why the difference in dyno numbers, but the 2000 mark will sure be hard to hit at drakes