1992 Dodge D250 Duramax

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
If the injectors in your LB7 are high mileage, I would just start fresh if you can afford it. Better than have an injector fail after you get everything going. Just my thoughts :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the injectors in your LB7 are high mileage, I would just start fresh if you can afford it. Better than have an injector fail after you get everything going. Just my thoughts :thumb:

or spend the 300-400 bucks and have them all tested. mine turned out to be bad and one of the first designed which wouldnt have lasted much longer.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You could send them to the co. Extrude Hone or several diesel shops have the machine. I'd use Diesel Injection in Louisville ky or exergy if it were me.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Any suggestions on where to get valve springs? It seems like SoCal Diesel is a popular place but does comp cams or anyone else sell them? Are stock pushrods ok to use for my build? Would it be worth getting a set of 20-30% over injector nozzles or is that a waste of money for the relatively low power number I want?

Talk to Henry on here. Creatures of the Night Performance or any of the other vendors. They can get you what you need for springs.

Stock pushrods will be fine. And I would go 40 over injectors and keep the pulse width down and conservative. As previously stated stock Injectors with lots of timing is enough to bend rods.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Sounds like a really cool project, as far as the turbo goes it is probably going to be laggy but when you throw the light weight of the truck in the mix it may not be that bad. Since your trying to put this together somewhat cheap I would try it and see how it does. If your not happy I would then go to plan B.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Is it hard to change nozzles? My friend and I are mechanically inclined so if it's not too complicated we should be able to change them. I'm thinking about putting a set of exergy 40% overs in.

Its super easy. I just googled it and found a thread with instructions and pictures. Keep the pintles with the nozzles when you ship them out and don't loose the spring and spacer and and poppet out of the body!