1967 RS Duramax Camaro

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
very nice!!! sounds like my car starting, :)

Thanks Rick, it's nice to finally hear it run.

iirc it needs a 5/16" dia hole. i used a 2.5" aluminum elbow. had a friend drill and weld some round stock that was drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 to secure it, along with a flange to bolt it to the intake..mine isnt show quality but it works very well. i think the walls on the elbow is 1/8 to 3/16" thick
1391565_10201622788425092_1433482649_n.jpg

this is what i used elbow wise
http://www.jegs.com/i/Turbonetics/880/20544/10002/-1

Thanks Adam, the picture helps. That's pretty much what I was picturing.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Congrats! Glad you got her running. Such a cool project, really makes me want to get started on my 67'. Poor girl is just rotting away at my parents house:eek:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I know... The 3,000 mile gap between here and Idaho is a bit of hurdle lol. I hope to get back to Idaho next summer, then the Camaro will get some love and a boosted LSX engine.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
it rattles little more than normal... different pistons?
got to be a kid in a toy store right now!!

The sound through the video isn't that great, like most online videos. It runs really smooth, just as smooth as any other LBZ we've had in the shop. The motor is all stock except for head studs, egr delete, a shorty y bridge and a PPE tune.

On a side note, the car does have a few little rattles. I still have lots of little things to finish... But yes, I'm very happy and excited to have it running. Almost doesn't seem possible because it's been so long.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Beautiful, just beautiful!!! Definitely my favorite build thread. :thumb:
Again, congrats on getting her running.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
what's the commercial say,... If your erection lasts longer than 4 hours call a dr...

I'll be making a call to the dr. after seeing this. Crazy fab skills, great car selection, then you go and throw a Dmax in it.... :thumb:

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
On a side note you almost ran over one of the dogs while you were backing out. Be careful! That would be a bad omen. Beautiful build, Congrats and enjoy!

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
It's alive! It's ALIVE! Can't wait till your laying nasty burn outs congrats man!

Thanks, it's not too far away from burning some rubber!

Beautiful, just beautiful!!! Definitely my favorite build thread. :thumb:
Again, congrats on getting her running.

Thanks Tom. I hope it gives everybody a little extra motivation to get their projects done. I'm looking forward to see your drag truck when it's done :thumb:

what's the commercial say,... If your erection lasts longer than 4 hours call a dr...

I'll be making a call to the dr. after seeing this. Crazy fab skills, great car selection, then you go and throw a Dmax in it.... :thumb:

:rofl: thanks for the compliment!

On a side note you almost ran over one of the dogs while you were backing out. Be careful! That would be a bad omen. Beautiful build, Congrats and enjoy!

That's my dog Harley. It doesn't look like it but I knew she was back there. She's always afraid that I'm going to leave her behind so she walks around and makes sure I not going anywhere.

great job :) now its time to beat the shit out of it!!!! she can handle anything you throw at her, trust me...........

That day is coming! Sorry to hear about the Chevelle Rick. Going to put it back on the street for good?

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
Haven't posted pics in awhile, so I figured you guys would like to see something new. I haven't taken as many pics as normal (sorry) but these are some random ones from the last couple months.

It's amazing how well a bent clothes hanger makes it easier to figure out the proper bends for brake lines.

IMG_1091_zpsa555c425.jpg

IMG_1084_zps05e6ab9c.jpg

IMG_1083_zps41062dda.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsebd10fe1.jpg

IMG_1080_zps77f5cfe8.jpg

IMG_1078_zps855df552.jpg

IMG_1076_zpsaf59638d.jpg