IMG_1172_zps67fdb11c.jpg

IMG_1173_zps1f72e61a.jpg

IMG_1174_zpsaaa51104.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsce2515f8.jpg

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
Couple pics of how I made the MAP sensor fit in the intercooler pipe.

IMG_1215_zpsecb75f22.jpg

IMG_1214_zps6661174f.jpg

IMG_1222_zpscd9abbba.jpg

Started building the intake. I bought Empire Diesel's stock turbo weld on flange.

IMG_1220_zps79d22cdf.jpg

IMG_1219_zps73af6be1.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsdc8d7c43.jpg

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
I had to shorten the oil filler neck another inch to clear the intake.

IMG_1245_zps75561073.jpg

I'm a little on the fence about the intake. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. It pretty much had to come over the top of the motor because it didn't have enough space to go over the passenger side of the motor, otherwise I would have had to cut a hole in the hood...

I did put the gill on though.

IMG_1246_zps040b1f84.jpg

I took the car for a short drive this afternoon. I got some fuel at the gas station around the corner and gave it some hell when I left. Burned the tires through 3rd gear and kept it straight the whole time.

So far, daddy likey :rofl:

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
Couple videos.

This is when I took a friend for a quick test ride. Spinning the tires through second and letting off. Chirped the tires shifting into third, not a full throttle run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquY1bNeNKg

This one I took my fiance for a ride around the block. The video really accentuates the rattles from the doors being disassembled and the lift pump being annoyingly loud. The rear axle is also making a whining sound over 20mph, so that's on my list of things to fix soon. This was also not a full throttle run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSefVqal5M

I have only loaded a small tune on it and it runs great. There's still a lot of little things to work out and fix, but it'll get there.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
My fiance started a facebook page for the Camaro last night. I'm going to do my best to keep everybody up to date with the car.

https://www.facebook.com/duramaxcamaro

Drake at Total Performance Diesel in Santa Rosa is having a dyno day in March that I plan on attending. The NHRDA is also having their season opener at Famoso Raceway in March which I also plan on attending. We will see how the next couple months go for me and hopefully I will be ready.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
im gonna have to come by and check this car out. im in novato 20 - 60 minutes away depending out deep you are in sebastapol ha

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
Where on their website is that flange located? I had no luck finding it.

It hasn't been on their website since it was redesigned, I had to call them and order it.

What transmission are you using? I saw the adaptor plate but never read what setup you are using. Great pictures and project. Thanks for sharing!

47rh with a Suncoast full reverse manual valve body and trans brake.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats on the recognition, Dustin!!! It is very much deserved! :thumb:

First time Ive ever seen a link or reference to a diesel forum in an article. Usually the magazines dont mention that.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
That's awesome!

:thumb:

Congrats on the recognition, Dustin!!! It is very much deserved! :thumb:

First time Ive ever seen a link or reference to a diesel forum in an article. Usually the magazines dont mention that.

:thankyou: Tom! It's the first time I've seen references like that also. It's a little surreal for me to see the Camaro in a publication like this. Kinda been a goal of mine for a long time that I thought I might not achieve, but it's a cool feeling for sure. I was showing everybody at our company Christmas party last night :rofl:

I'm looking forward to 2014. Going to as many car shows and diesel events as I can and visit our drag strip regularly (I hope).