13.30s with super low rail press!

RTanner

May 5, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
First time out at strip today, very consistant 13.30s at 98mph with a 1.81 60 ft. Checked the log and actual rail press was a steady 17,000 ?!?!?!?! I REALLY need to figure out whats up with that! I'm certain that with press would come some mph and 12s!?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
First time out at strip today, very consistant 13.30s at 98mph with a 1.81 60 ft. Checked the log and actual rail press was a steady 17,000 ?!?!?!?! I REALLY need to figure out whats up with that! I'm certain that with press would come some mph and 12s!?

change the fuel filter

RTanner

May 5, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
factory one is brand new and ADII is only a few mo's old (could be plugged though), I'm workin on gettin a gauge in cab so i can tell if i'm losing lift pump press or cp3 press

RTanner

May 5, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
Well found out yesterday that my race valve isnt seated all the way and im bleeding off rail pressure! Gonna fix it for sat and try for 12s again! Kinda sux that everyone and their mother seems to run 12s with no problem!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well found out yesterday that my race valve isnt seated all the way and im bleeding off rail pressure! Gonna fix it for sat and try for 12s again! Kinda sux that everyone and their mother seems to run 12s with no problem!

well mine is in the same boat but not as easy of a fix. if only it were a race valve but i need a CP3 :(. Good luck and it should put you right there if the rail pressure comes up!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

it not easy by any means i promise you that... it is a great accomplishment IMHO good luck

RTanner

May 5, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
Can u lose fuel pressure with the bleed screw. Have found a lil bit of fuel sitting right behind the screw.

you would lose a little LINE pressure maybe if its leakin bad enough to leave drips under truck. but i'm talkin about RAIL pressure. If its just seeping from bleed screw you arent losing anything as long as you have a lift pump, without it you would be sucking in air to the cp3

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Is the race valve better than the shim kit? Gitting the CODE! 0087 one race tune gets the code while the other doesnt?? Just started, did get tuner to change tuning so need to try it out. New filters all around. Getting a fuel rail gauge also. Would changing the AD150 spring from 8psi to 15psi hurt anything?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Is the race valve better than the shim kit? Gitting the CODE! 0087 one race tune gets the code while the other doesnt?? Just started, did get tuner to change tuning so need to try it out. New filters all around. Getting a fuel rail gauge also. Would changing the AD150 spring from 8psi to 15psi hurt anything?

The problem with just shimming the FPRV is that over time it can get so weak that it will still pop open... I have had the Race Valve in for a few years now with not a single issue. Best 50$ i have spent

CCSBLBZ

Dec 11, 2009
Do you mean FRP from a log? I have a stock truck, mine has spiked close to 30,000 psi, mine doesn't hold either, but asking for 24K I don't get below 22. LBZ should be way over 17,000 IMHO, unless your PW is crazy.

RTanner

May 5, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
Do you mean FRP from a log? I have a stock truck, mine has spiked close to 30,000 psi, mine doesn't hold either, but asking for 24K I don't get below 22. LBZ should be way over 17,000 IMHO, unless your PW is crazy.

Yea i have a pretty big pulse width so it isnt holding very well. UPDATE: I fixed the race plug changed all filters hit track again and BAM! Still have low pressure! :banging: I'm done!.......don't wanna spend mony on new cp3, so i'm moving on and gettin a Hayabusa! Hopefully that will satisfy my need for speed! :thumb:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
walk away for a couple days... i think it is something simple. it usually is. sleep on it and a new idea will pop into your head. whats your lift pump pressure doing?