1000 hp on stock bottom end??

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Unless something has changed, Guy hasn't had a set of his cut/coated LB7 pistons crack yet.

They weren't Guys but i know how the ones in question were cut , 2 freinds lost cut and coated piston just this last year , Custom Auto's LLY and Dimitri's truck both had piston failures .

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
They weren't Guys but i know how the ones in question were cut , 2 freinds lost cut and coated piston just this last year , Custom Auto's LLY and Dimitri's truck both had piston failures .

I was there when the black truck cracked a piston... that truck was not running right man, it seemed more tuning related than mechanical.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
some of yall need to grow up.

Aren't you the guy that posted " Ya'll don't need 6 bolts in the converter cause I run 3 and it's doing fine" and a post shortly after was " ya'll have any idea why I keep breaking flex plates? "
Now you say we need to grow up and take you seriously? One of your recent posts was that you keep breaking u joints. Look at the stupid truck in your avatar. DUH. And you still can't spell worth a shit.:D

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Aren't you the guy that posted " Ya'll don't need 6 bolts in the converter cause I run 3 and it's doing fine" and a post shortly after was " ya'll have any idea why I keep breaking flex plates? "
Now you say we need to grow up and take you seriously? One of your recent posts was that you keep breaking u joints. Look at the stupid truck in your avatar. DUH. And you still can't spell worth a shit.:D

lol :redneck:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida

What about the stupid truck in my avatar. The ****ing angles are straight. If u look at the rear end and front end both axle's are titled up. And who gives a **** about my spelling you can still read what im saying if you couldn't then u wouldn't answer none of my post

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
How can the driveshaft angle be straight when the transfercase is sitting so high? It may be straight at the axles but they sure as hell are not at the TC.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Hopefully everyone knows that you need to get both U-joints at the same angle relative to the driveshaft, and the joints in phase. That is often what blows up U-joints and causes other premature driveline failure.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
What about the stupid truck in my avatar. The ****ing angles are straight. If u look at the rear end and front end both axle's are titled up. And who gives a **** about my spelling you can still read what im saying if you couldn't then u wouldn't answer none of my post

kurt how in the world can an "angle be straight". Think about that one then get back to us.

Post your question on Pirate4x4. Im sure they will be able to help you out..

ben

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Were these new from Mahle cut and coated or previously enjoyed cut and coated's Trent? I'm having a piston choice dilemma right now and getting all the info I can before I go blow my life savings on piston's and rods.

Sorry about turning your thread into a tech thread Kurt!!:rofl:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Hopefully everyone knows that you need to get both U-joints at the same angle relative to the driveshaft, and the joints in phase. That is often what blows up U-joints and causes other premature driveline failure.

With angles that bad he is going to need a double (constant velocity) joint at the T-case and straight with the pinion at the axle. I had 40" tires under a short Bronco II with a very nicely built small block and never broke a U-joint.