1000 hp on stock bottom end??

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
some of yall need to grow up. I asked a simple question didn't no i was going to have a bunch of children answering it. All im saying is with all the new technology now days it seems like there been some people to be able to make a motor run to 750+ hp do u think we can hit a thousand.

Come on Kurt sometimes common sense is your friend:D I think Trent pushed his engine as far as it could go with when he ran an 11.06 @ 123. He wasn't close to 1000.... not saying he couldn't have ran in the 10's but was he going to pick up 10 more mph? probably not.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Come on Kurt sometimes common sense is your friend:D I think Trent pushed his engine as far as it could go with when he ran an 11.06 @ 123. He wasn't close to 1000.... not saying he couldn't have ran in the 10's but was he going to pick up 10 more mph? probably not.

Your right but we have also had a big talk on here before about timing and drive pressure. Wanted to see if anyone has made it all work yet

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
some of yall need to grow up. I asked a simple question didn't no i was going to have a bunch of children answering it. All im saying is with all the new technology now days it seems like there been some people to be able to make a motor run to 750+ hp do u think we can hit a thousand.

We answer like we did because even though we'd all love it to happen, we also all full-well know the reality of the limitations of the stock hard parts. Sorry you dont like the answer.
I dunno, maybe some tuner will someday come up with a "majik" tune and combine it with a "special" turbo/fuel setup that allows a stock Dmax to go that high and keep cyl pressure to a minimum so the rods/pistons/crank wont break, but it sure as hell hasnt been found yet. All that plus the fact it takes a lot of money to experiment....do you want to pony up the bucks for people to try it?

Trent and Matt went about as far as someone is going to go with a stock bottom end, and it was fascinating watching what they were doing. BUT in the end, they both hurt their engines making the attempts. That should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
anything is possible...

get a mechanical pump like that guy did on the pulling tractor-> rpm is your friend, LOTS of head work for flow and rpm and a very large single go for it i think it can be done. how long it will last i have no idea..... but go for it only limiting factor in trying to the $$

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I dunno, maybe some tuner will someday come up with a "majik" tune and combine it with a "special" turbo/fuel setup that allows a stock Dmax to go that high and keep cyl pressure to a minimum so the rods/pistons/crank wont break, but it sure as hell hasnt been found yet. All that plus the fact it takes a lot of money to experiment....do you want to pony up the bucks for people to try it?

My money's on Wade :rofl:

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

You mean that my PPE chip/modded intake horn and lift pump are not the majik tune and special turbo/fuel to do a thousand hp? i was lied too! That john denver is full of shit! :rofl::happy2:

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I like your style!:hug: He will just wait for it to happen then invent it. Jeff

hahaha yup!

I dont think you could ever see a 1000hp on a stock bottom end that would last for any amount of time that would be acceptable. BUT on the very very off chance someone were to do it, my bet would be that is on a LB7 :angel::hug:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If you think about it, 1000HP at the crank is about 750 at the tires. So it can most likely be done if that's the way you're rating it.

But 750rwhp has a pretty high attrition rate. 1000rwhp is most likely 100% fatal.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
never thought about it that way. agreed on the 1000rwhp bein fatal

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
"with all the technology we have today"

HUH????

Kurt. We are flat out overpowering the stock hard parts. You need X amount of cylinder pressure and fuel in order to make 1000 hp. The duramax stock hard parts will not support the cylinder pressure required to produce 1000hp without failing.

Its as simple as that....

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
"with all the technology we have today"

HUH????

Kurt. We are flat out overpowering the stock hard parts. You need X amount of cylinder pressure and fuel in order to make 1000 hp. The duramax stock hard parts will not support the cylinder pressure required to produce 1000hp without failing.

Its as simple as that....

hell we are even overpowering aftermarket pistons... for as much power as these engines are making we are still a LONG way away from a long lasting 1000hp engine.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
I think i need to read a little more about pistons before i finish my build ...... I was under the impression that cut and coated lb7's were pretty safe up to 1000 ????????//

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think i need to read a little more about pistons before i finish my build ...... I was under the impression that cut and coated lb7's were pretty safe up to 1000 ????????//
Unless something has changed, Guy hasn't had a set of his cut/coated LB7 pistons crack yet.