LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Truck looks great! I like the headlights…they don't look so cheap like a lot of ebay ones. I did not see those on their site though…just the halo style ones.

Thank you, and yea I cannot stand those eBay lights.

How much bigger are the rear wheel spacers? I'd like to even mine to match the front.

1.5", I was worried that they were too much and I needed 1.25" but these are perfect.

Not sure what he did but 1.5" made mine perfectly even front to rear, 2" is just a hair too much in the rear.

b16gsr- if your low beam hid's are now on the inside then why do your brights on the outsides have the little low beam cover in the housing, I thought brights are supposed to be unobstructed light.

Yes you would be correct that the high beam are supposed to be unobstructed, BUT the Mini H1 is a bi-xenon so they are high and low beam, and the low beam in the housing just adds to the output. :thumb:

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Just goes to show how little I know about hid's :D

:roflmao:

Built an All On Mod harness this morning and got it installed. Soldered and shrunk wrapped.

You can see that I am missing one of my high beam splitters as the driver side is brighter as the lens is open.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Built the hi beam splitter harness and got it installed. Now both the bi xenon and the high beam HID in the outer function together with the All On Harness.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Spent the past couple of nights going through the car getting it ready for its first outing with my father and myself.

Brakes bled with Motul 600, ran a liter throughout. Wheels swapped to CCWs with Hoosier R6, stock wheels got a better set of tires installed, Porsche Cup splitter installed to replace the that got cone cone crushed at the last autocross, all nuts and bolts checked, had a new windshield installed . Last step was to wash and load.

Having a lift makes everything much easier, including washing the car. We are headed to Autobahn Country Club in Joliet and are hoping the rain stays away.

Since I just had my truck color matched and am worried about damaging the paint work so I prepped it as well.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well saving the fresh paint worked. The tape is low tack and comes right off but have to get it off if it gets wet, which it did as it rain nearly all day on us.

BUT take a look.

Made a stop at Isringhausen today, what a great place and Jeff C made us feel like family.

A couple of ultra rare beauties.

Amazing low mile car.

Would love to replace my wife's car with this.

Or this in white.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Weather came thru Wednesday night and got the track wet, so we swapped to the street tires, but the rain held off all day.

Had an amazing space to pit in.

The group photo.

We ran south course.

We were in the advanced group in the am only 6 cars, made for a ton of fun. The GT3 was commanding the track all day, hell of a car and driver.

Thirsty cars. Burned 10 gallons in 68 miles.

Then it happened.......

If you look closely at the crank pulley bolt there is no Loctite. It backed off and sheared the pin and ended our day. We stayed and spectated the rest of the day, and had an amazing time.

He really drove the GT3 like he stole it.

The other GT3 in the bunch was this beautiful Sapphire Blue.

Got to take a ride with Geoff the owner of Isringhausen in the Cayman racecar, what a ride.

A HUGE thanks to the team from Isringhausen. Geoff made us feel like part of his family and went above and beyond to make the experience wonderful.

Headed to Giordano's for some great pizza and beers.

Then headed back to the hotel and re-taped for the trip home.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Getting too many miles on the ole girl need to park her and give a rest.

Averaging right at 13.7 mpg towing the car with the stock wheels and no performance mods I am pleased.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Made it home safe and sound after driving 530 miles, roughly 470 in the rain I was happy to be home.

Once again the ole tape trick saved the paint.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Ill just swap you trucks and you can get mine done next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
I should post a pic of my duramax its pretty similair to your look. Nice truck by the way. Are you running air bags for when your towing?