LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
Thanks . Yours looks great as well. LBZ's are the best trucks hands down!!! I would love to take one of the gt3's around the track must be amazing!!! I had a c5 z06 in the past closest ive got to super car territory.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Thanks . Yours looks great as well. LBZ's are the best trucks hands down!!! I would love to take one of the gt3's around the track must be amazing!!! I had a c5 z06 in the past closest ive got to super car territory.

I really appreciate that. After owning an 06 LLY, 2 LB7s, an LML and now back to an 06 LLY I agree. They are great trucks.

My heart is set on a GT3 affording it is another thing. They do everything so well.

I have owned several corvettes and they have a purpose the Porsches have me now.

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
I have never driven one and honestly i dont want to. My issue is when i drive something that performanced based ill compare everything else to it and not be able to be happy again!!! Out of my price range also my friend!!!

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
I have never driven one and honestly i dont want to. My issue is when i drive something that performanced based ill compare everything else to it and not be able to be happy again!!! Out of my price range also my friend!!!

Yea well that is where I am. The '05 is an awesome machine, hoping to get it back on the road next week. Still can not get the GT3 out of my head.

Here are a few pics from the install of the FASS 150Ti and fender liners today. Hate when the FASS or AirDog hangs low, and FASS suggests the install would do that, I changed that.

Hacked the bracket off.

Mounted to the second bed bolt instead of the front.

Allows for nice routing.

Was not ready for the hurricane of fuel when I disconnected the sump lines.

The perfect spot.

With the liner installed.

Moved onto the fender liners and couldn't be happier with them.

All wrapped up, the liners are perfect.

Col 10

LBZ Duramax
Nov 22, 2014
Texas
Your truck is making me want to lower mine back down haha. I was really impressed with the fitment of the liners and I need to just man up and order a lift pump already... Truck looks great!

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Got the gauge pod and gauges mounted late today. Will tap and wire them next week.

Parked it under the cover of the trees to save it from 4th of July shrapnel. Mostly in the neighbors yard because they don't care. ;)

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Got the hardwiring to the gauges done, all that is left is tapping the manifolds and putting the sensors in. Also got my EFILive switch mounted in a discrete location that is non-typical.

Enjoy.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Not much new with the truck, have to get the exhaust one for the tunes, and haven't had any time. Been working on the Porsche.

Well I worked at the dowel pin and they DO NOT come out. I bought $300 worth of bits that did not even scratch it.

I had a fixture/drill guide made buy a local machinist that I could use to drill the crank for a new pin. In the Corvette world we do this when installing superchargers so the balancer doesn't spin on the crack with the extra drag.

Well it worked. Crazy thing is the pin is 10mm long, so that tells me the factory hole has to be more than 10mm deep for it to bury itself. I chose to drill a 5mm hole in the crank leaving me 5mm out to index with the balancer.

The culprit:

New hole (was a real b*tch to drill this):

New balancer on and Loctite like crazy on the dowel and new crank bolt:

Buttoning it all back up:

My pops came down and helped me wash it off and then took it to his house to store in the barn.

ITS ALIVE:
It's back alive - YouTube

HUGE thanks to the parts guys at Isringhausen and the RSS for the quick turn around on the parts with the holidays.

I will have to say that these cars are way way way way way easier to work on that people make them out to be. My C5/6 Corvettes are a bigger pain to do the driveline on than this car.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Time for some much overdue updates. Got the exhaust welded together, a huge thanks to Brad at Vaskospeed for the beautiful job on welding in my 5" Magnaflow DOC into the 5" stainless MBRP. Made for an extremely long and difficult pipe to install so I ended up cutting the down pipe and clamping it.

O'Reilly's saved my day on the band clamp.

Got my tip mounted yesterday and tweaked it to where I liked it.

Picked up an OEM TNR radio on eBay for really cheap as well. It's in perfect shape and the roughly same build dates as my truck.

Gave her a much needed bath as well.

Parked in the warehouse and just happened to be in the right light.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
The next project was prepping the bed for a spray in liner. The previous owner had a 5th wheel and plug installed and I wanted to get it looking OEM. So my body guy welded in new material and sanded it smooth for me.

A little tip from another friend who sprays was to use aluminum tape to fill screw holes, these were from the tailgate protector. Works like a champ.

So my good friend Brent has been spraying the Rhino Pro and I am nothing but impressed. Plus he knows how picky I am. http://www.rhinoprocs.com/

Prepped

Done

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Looks great. Bedliner looks perfection! I need to add that to my list of stuff to do to my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk