ZF Short throw

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
It will hold the power, will it hold the shifting is the question. Id love to go 10.9999999'but thats something I can't hope for

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
It will hold the power, will it hold the shifting is the question. Id love to go 10.9999999'but thats something I can't hope for

It will definitely hold the shifting. Not bragging, or trying to sound like an ass at all, but I am 5' 9" tall and 205 lbs. of muscle, and I have an extremely bad habit of breaking things that you wouldn't normally think would break, all because I don't think I'm pushing/pulling very hard, but the broken items say otherwise. I've been EXTREMELY hard on this shifter, even by my standards, this past year yanking it through the gears. Especially before I changed my clutch, when I would dog it, the clutch pedal would stick to the floor on my 4th to 5th shifts, so I would just shove it into 6th, so I know for a fact that there isn't an issue with the integrity of the shifter.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
That's good to know, but I know of someone with three broken tail housings because of his racing habits. I also think when the transmission is paired to a motor that's making 750-1000hp spinning in excess of 4k rpms thats a lot of mass and many possibilities of broken parts. Im not saying these transmissions aren't tanks but everything has its breaking point.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Mines just a short shifter. It's as short as a ford's throw now. I want it tighter though. Might be to tight when I get it done might have to make a longer shifter again

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You could post one to YouTube from your phone and just copy the link.

So you just cut the shifter arm down in length?

Yes but just to get it away from the dash. Then it shortened the throw enough it was pretty short. So i stuck with it but I think a longer shifter with a higher pivot point would be more beneficial