ZF Short throw

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
So I'm in the process of manufacturing a short throw for myself and another member and I figured I'd throw a feeler out while I had the CAD file setup and the plate on the waterjet for the spacer to see if anybody else would be interested in buying one. It would be on an exchange program as I would need your shifter stub back as a "core" to manufacture the next one.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
huh, must be a pretty small zf crowd in here today
Guess so :confused:
How much are you Thinking? I'd like to see some pictures of one. I have someone that would be interested...

I'm not sure on the price as of yet, I havent sat down and put a pencil to it as I'm just doing the first two out of scraps but the higher the production run then the less they will cost. I was just trying to get a feel for how large the market is.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Thanks for all the replys guys :hug: Im thinking of seeing what the cost lines out to be for 10 of them and going from there as i think i should be able to sell at least that many.

I would be interested in one. I was think of trying to build one myself. Probably not as nice as yours. Haha
Well..... Originally I hadnt planned on putting this much work into it but after looking at how the spacer had to be made to work right it was clear that it was too much to do by hand. So I called up a friend of the family who is a carpenter by trade, but has his own SERIOUS machine shop (CAD controlled rotarty plasma, 2 CAD controlled flat plasmas, Cad water jet, etc.) that he uses to make stuff as a hobby mostly but sells some of it, and got him to draw up the spacers on the CAD program and cut them out with the water jet and they look awesome! Now all I need to do is get time to modify the stub and install it in my truck and see how she works. I should have the prototype done by this time next week.

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
I'd be down for one if its not too awful much, ZF throws are like a damn football field compared to my MGW in the fbody.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Lol I emailed a video of some of the parts being cut to dirty_max the other night. Let me see if I can figure out how to get it posted here.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
There is a video of the first spacer being cut. I'm going to cut the first ones out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum and stack them one at a time until I achieve the desired amount of travel reduction. Then I will buy a sheet the correct thickness and cut them out of that.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Sorry guys Ive been busy and havent had a chance to work on this anymore :( I was planning on working on it today but I didnt realize it was easter so I'm doing things with the family. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get back on it one night this week.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Midwest transmission used to make a short throw for the dmax zf, i never felt it was worth the $$$ at least with that one it wasent anyways.