Wtf frozen again?!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Was planning to pump but it fired right up first try and has been fine ever since. And I'll give that a shot next time thanks! I was planning on getting the new housing anyway. Trucks got 150,000 on it I figure it coulda started to go up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a good idea. I know of 3 Dmaxs that have needed rebuilds within the last years or so.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
We were out at midnight, then again at 400 making sure sure winch trucks were ok, added karosene to fuel and and still spent from 4am to 9am thawing out the loader:( all the trucks were fine tho..-14 sucks

This is how the Russian's make arctic fuel-adding Kerosene. You have to be careful not to add too much though because it cuts your lubrication qualities down quite a bit. We had a few trucks over there seize valves in the heads from a load that was way to heavy on Kerosene and no fuel additives available.
Be sure to add lots of conditioner if you add any Kerosene.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thats how we have always done it on the farm. Thats how I thought/think the suppliers do it we would mix up to 40% Kero in and never had gelling issues. Now thats how it was done 15 years ago. Now days when I go up north I run what ever they sell me and add my anitgel. My dad just buys winter fuel now so he doesn't know what in it.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Thats how we have always done it on the farm. Thats how I thought/think the suppliers do it we would mix up to 40% Kero in and never had gelling issues. Now thats how it was done 15 years ago. Now days when I go up north I run what ever they sell me and add my anitgel. My dad just buys winter fuel now so he doesn't know what in it.

We've ran fuel from all over Colorado moving rigs, front range and the rockies, I've pretty much stopped relying on "winter blend" for our rig up trucks. We see cold weather coming we start treating our fuel. Usually pack kerosene with us to the more remote jobs