Wtf frozen again?!

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
My 2007 LBZ keeps choking out a second or two after startup and now wont even start up. -5 overnight and I had it plugged in all night. Fuel filter is new, about a month old and I had been treating the fuel. Why have I frozen up 2 winters in a row? Wtf do I do to stop this as -5 is nothing compared to you guys.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Me and my friends use Howes it works. My buddy had a p pump cummins gelling up on power service last year Howes took care of it

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Howes is Cheapest at rural king around here. 20 dollars a gallon compared to 20 dollars a half gallon at O'Reilly auto parts. All my friends used it last year my truck was down. It was 5 degrees for like 16 days and they all were fine.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
My truck survived 2 years in North Dakota. Never had a fuel issue. Ran winter fuel with & without additive. Does your fuel station have a winter blend?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Dont think so. Most recent fill up is at shell. Truck has an aftermarket 45 gallon tank and is 3/4 full this morning. Guessing it is probably my separator again. What do you all think?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Sounds like it, water is contaminating your system. The water separate isn't doing its job or needs to be drained.

Also keep tank as full as possible to avoid condensation build up.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Sounds like it water is contaminating your system. The water separate isn't doing its job or needs to be drained.

Also keep tank as full as possible to avoid condensation build up.

How do I go about repairing or replacing the separator? Is it a separate process to drain it besides changing the filter?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
OH I thought you had a aux water separator for some reason. The factory fuel filter water separator isn't worth a crap IMO it's part of the OEM filter. Drain at the bottom or change the filter itself.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hower gets my vote too. Ever since they started adding Bio to fuel it works the best.

Sent from my iPhone digging a ditch near you.