WTF does anyone make a damn tire anymoer????????

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Okay so my old man was goin to get my H2's mounted up with a tire I have had great luck with Hankook ATM, but they don't make it anymore, so I have been searchin the net for 2 hours tryin to find a like agressive A/t tire, but no-one make anything anymore. What the hell happened? :mad:

Does anyone know of a good 265/70R17? I am open to any input

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i love my silent armors..have them on H2's and are pretty darn light for 32" tires. i have prolly 10k miles on them and one sled pull and they are maybe worn 1/8th"-3/16ths"

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Okay so my old man was goin to get my H2's mounted up with a tire I have had great luck with Hankook ATM, but they don't make it anymore, so I have been searchin the net for 2 hours tryin to find a like agressive A/t tire, but no-one make anything anymore. What the hell happened? :mad:

Im running my toyo H/T in that same size. good mileage with them.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I hated the Silent armors, when new they wandered all over the road. I was pissed after spending $900.00 on them. I burned the back set off within 5k but I still have 2 almost new fronts if anyone is looking for some 18"s cheap. I think the Toyo A/T's are alot better unless you are towing heavy. Other then that BFG's are really long lasting but pricey.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=67QR7GRAT2OWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=65

cheap;)

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I have the 265 silent armors on my PYO's now, I wouldn't put on another set due to the price and the wear I got out of them. They were new last year around this time and are just about wore out now, with about 30k on them. They are hard to keep balanced too.

I have 265 BFG rugged trail T/A's on my H2s, and from what everybody tells me (I didn't put 70 mi on them so far) you get great mileage out of them on a heavy truck.

But just a heads up....take a look at my truck in the "black truck pic" thread.....the 265's are too small imo....I will go with 285s the next time around.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
Generals are good price and I believe the next best price might be the Cooper ATRs.

Can't speak to the wear on either though.

I'm running the BFG A/T on H2s and Toyo on 18s in summer. I prefer the handling and wear of the BFG. Both are kinda pricy though.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I had Toyo's on my old wrecked F-350, Hated them, they didnt last 25K and on a bone stock truck, no power. Now the michelens on my dmax have been great! Spendy but great, my buddie got over 100k on a set of them!

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
the cooper ATR's are junk, my father has them on his stock lly and they got stuck in the yard on wet grass right after he got them. they are on the wearbars now after only 35k

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
GoodYears have never worn good for me they have always been hard to keep balanced, Man I really loved those Hankooks. I pull extremely heavy loads, I live on a dirt road actually clay/mud, I need to be able to dig in,

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Michelin is a great tire, but for what I do they are not that great, they seem to be a softer compound and they break down "chunk out" on dirt roads, and they never seemed real stable to me with heavy tongue weight of our trailers.

Durasizzle

Oct 3, 2008
Stony Plain. Alberta
Its what my dad uses on all his vehicles, 2 of his 3 duramax's have them and then he uses them on his toyota's as well. Maybe try the Dueler At Revo? i had those for a while, they're arent a bad tire but the 10 ply makes for a bit rougher ride.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
It has to be 10ply very heavy loads find there way behind the truck. Revo are decent, but not aggressive enough for my roads. They need to have some bite to them, without bein an MT