Will too much fuel hurt?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The problem with cooling the fuel before it enters the cp3 is at 10-15 psi the fuel will be moving through the cooler quickly reducing the amount of cooling that happens.

On the return side there should be almost no pressure so in theory it's moving slower through the cooler, increasing the efficiency of the cooler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

well, thats all dependent on the type of cooler you run. if you run a good one with fan, it wont matter. my air-to-oil cooler sees 40-70psi daily and cools it just fine. The trans cooler sees 300psi+ spikes and with an aftermarket cooler, you can keep temps down just fine. granted both use a heat exchanger initially but the flow/amount the cooler for fuel would see is far less than engine oil and trans oil.

a 1/2 line can only flow so much fluid and that amount is not beyond what most coolers can handle off summit or other places. after that, its all dependent on the outside temp and just how much heat it can wick away from the cooler.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I was looking at the BD cooler on ebay. It has a 800cfm fan and looks like a nice cooler. says it's rated for 300psi. So it it's a tranny cooler I can still use it on the fuel right? Also I haven't picked up my LML yet but do they have trans cooler on them?