LLY: Which nozzle size to go with?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I'm knocking on the door of 600 and its about all I'd ever need on the street but when you get out on the hiway and want to blow someones doors off 800 would sure be nice.

Amen brother
Snap into a slim jim time
Your a speakin my language!!!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
DDP is just a few minutes from my house, both of them.
anyways, there are a shit ton of smokey pieces of shit dodge trucks(not knockin dodge, the trucks im talkin about really are piles) that have tips and maybe some nos that are pretty damn hard to get around sometimes, thats when id like to have a clean 800hp to blast away with!

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I forget though...
switching to your race tune and mashing on the throttle is not such a good thing to do, built trans or not. Its much better if the trans has had time to adjust to the power you are wanting to run before a "race" or extreme duty.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I forget though...
switching to your race tune and mashing on the throttle is not such a good thing to do, built trans or not. Its much better if the trans has had time to adjust to the power you are wanting to run before a "race" or extreme duty.

Thats why I have tow hauled learned for hi hp runs and daily drive with non tow haul for the lower hp runs, when I want to let er eat I push T/H and turn the switch. Mike L told me to do this when I built my trans and has worked great.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Thats why I have tow hauled learned for hi hp runs and daily drive with non tow haul for the lower hp runs, when I want to let er eat I push T/H and turn the switch. Mike L told me to do this when I built my trans and has worked great.

Forgive me being unaware, how does this work?

You engage tow haul just before or as you would switch to the "bigger" tune, so this action helps the t/c to lock is that what is going on?
Or you have a tune in your tow haul mode only?
I'm confused...but that happens alot

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
well heres how it works. if you have a way to reset you TAPS do this. then going and on your hi setting run throught the gears at 1/4 throttle a few times and as it starts to learn give it a little more pedal and then a little more pedal as you learn the trans for the high hp settings in tow haul it is all used to the high hp and wide open running of your rig. then go back to non tow haul and lear the trans for the lower hp settings on your DSP switch. your allison has two sets of adaptive learning. one for tow haul and one for non tow haul. Works really well. just remember to shut tow haul off when your done railing on it so it doesnt start to learn a lesser hp tune when you being easy on it around town.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I do that with mine too, Mark said to run T/H with the race tune. I DD my truck in the next level down which is only 70hp less so its not a big jump anyhow

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Forgive me being unaware, how does this work?

You engage tow haul just before or as you would switch to the "bigger" tune, so this action helps the t/c to lock is that what is going on?
Or you have a tune in your tow haul mode only?
I'm confused...but that happens alot

Well, if I'm not mistaken, if you open up any TCM tune, there are entirely different parameters/tables for the transmission with "Tow Haul engaged" vs. without tow haul engage. I actually never thought of this, but maybe the trans relearns differently when it is in Tow Haul mode vs. when it is not in Tow Haul mode?

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
well heres how it works. if you have a way to reset you TAPS do this. then going and on your hi setting run throught the gears at 1/4 throttle a few times and as it starts to learn give it a little more pedal and then a little more pedal as you learn the trans for the high hp settings in tow haul it is all used to the high hp and wide open running of your rig. then go back to non tow haul and lear the trans for the lower hp settings on your DSP switch. your allison has two sets of adaptive learning. one for tow haul and one for non tow haul. Works really well. just remember to shut tow haul off when your done railing on it so it doesnt start to learn a lesser hp tune when you being easy on it around town.

Beat me too it, but also answered my question! I did not know this but that is awesome info to know!