LLY: Which nozzle size to go with?

Boostlee93

Sep 8, 2012
So ive been looking at nozzles since that is the next step in my truck as far as power goes. Just not sure which size is right for me. The truck will be a stock turbo setup for a while but not forever. Eventually i want to go with a danville 68 or along those lines. Also plan on running some giggle gas eventually to shut some ford boys up when dyno days come around.

Built trans and lift pump along with the normal egr delete, straight pipe, lbz mp, efi live, etc are already in place. What do you think will benefit me the most?

Of course im looking for power here but fuel economy is always nice.

Let me know what you think! :thumb:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
So ive been looking at nozzles since that is the next step in my truck as far as power goes. Just not sure which size is right for me. The truck will be a stock turbo setup for a while but not forever. Eventually i want to go with a danville 68 or along those lines. Also plan on running some giggle gas eventually to shut some ford boys up when dyno days come around.

Built trans and lift pump along with the normal egr delete, straight pipe, lbz mp, efi live, etc are already in place. What do you think will benefit me the most?

Of course im looking for power here but fuel economy is always nice.

Let me know what you think! :thumb:

Go with Volkswagon bug injectors if you need to shut the ford boys up! Lol!:roflmao:

Boostlee93

Sep 8, 2012
:rofl::rofl: I wish it was that easy. Those 6.4's go pretty good and put down 600hp with like $1600..lol Its making me nervous!

Someone told me to go 100 over but that seems like wayyyyy overkill for stock turbo.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Like said above. 40% would be plenty. But if power and ever a turbo upgrade was comin id do 60%. But i think 100 over would be overkill. Unless dual cp3s were in future. But then buikt motor would be to so. 40-60 overs

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I vote at least 60%. I got 60% overs, and I wish I had got 100% overs. 60 over is plenty for a stock turbo/CP3, but if you go bigger eventually, you'll wish you had bigger nozzles.

No real problem tuning the 60% injectors; idles clean, etc. I don't think 100% overs would be much harder.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
why bigger? I see you have an lbz so that means you have a stronger bottom end then lly's how much can one back pulse width and timing down with 60's vs 40's or 100's vs 60's?

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I can't answer you on the tuning end I have Danville do my tuning . I do know the key is to keep cylinder pressures down and with 80 or 100% overs I can add more fuel and have less pressure

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
why bigger? I see you have an lbz so that means you have a stronger bottom end then lly's how much can one back pulse width and timing down with 60's vs 40's or 100's vs 60's?

with 100 overs, you can get the same amount of fuel in into the cylinder alot faster. Meaning less timing is required to burn all the fuel properly. This leads to a more efficient engine. 100 overs can be "turned down" 40 overs cant be "turned up" make sense? So by getting 40 overs you are limiting yourself right off the bat

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
45 overs can make 1000 HP. The bigger you go usually the more quirks you run into with tuning smoke out. It becomes a personal preference on what you are willing to trade off for more fuel. You don't want to tow heavy on 100 overs much at all. Dd needs to be moderate on mods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
with 100 overs, you can get the same amount of fuel in into the cylinder alot faster. Meaning less timing is required to burn all the fuel properly. This leads to a more efficient engine. 100 overs can be "turned down" 40 overs cant be "turned up" make sense? So by getting 40 overs you are limiting yourself right off the bat

True that you can turn back 100% overs, but I dont agree with backing off the timing. MAYBE a couple degrees but thats it. To make X amount of HP, it takes X amount of cylinder pressure (at the same conditions like boost, rpm etc)

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yeah thats why I"m staying with 40%'s because I can't do much more then the 650 range which they can make easy. if I ever build the engine I would have no problem selling my 40's to go bigger. but its all up to what you want or want to do down the road. my opinion is 40-60%

Boostlee93

Sep 8, 2012
So the next question is will i gain horsepower with my current setup by just doing injectors and new tunes? Right now im in the low to mid 500's (guessing)...will i see an increase or just safer tuning?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I tune several trucks and one particular truck that us a lb7 stick engine with 45 overs picked up just over 4 tenths with the injector change and adjust tuning accordingly. So you will pickup HP if tubes correctly and be just as safe as you were before given the fact that you are already pushing into the break at anytime realm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2