Where to buy normal fiberglass fenders, hoods and bedsides

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I was wondering where we could get fiberglass fenders, bed sides, and hoods for our trucks to lighten them up some WITHOUT THE PRERUNNER BULGED OUT LOOK.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The $/ET damage from glass parts on a 2500HD is severe.

IIRC, the factory hood is 60lb, and the glass one is $400 and 30lb. That is a drop in ET of about .015 seconds. Running without a hood would be cheap, and .030 seconds.

I'd run a pass first, with and without a hood before I invested in a glass hood. You can spend your money more better for more gain elsewhere.

But talk to Buck and Jess and see what they are doing.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
the $/et damage from glass parts on a 2500hd is severe.

Iirc, the factory hood is 60lb, and the glass one is $400 and 30lb. That is a drop in et of about .015 seconds. Running without a hood would be cheap, and .030 seconds.

I'd run a pass first, with and without a hood before i invested in a glass hood. You can spend your money more better for more gain elsewhere.

But talk to buck and jess and see what they are doing.

i have an 01 reg cab, that has been a work truck its whole life(plowtruck and hauls my trailer everday), its got dents all over the bed and a couple on the fenders. I was thinking of retireing the truck in the future from work and make it a light weight race truck/driver and was thinking fiberglass panels if i'm doing body work. The hood thing, i was just tossing the idea out there

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The $/ET damage from glass parts on a 2500HD is severe.

IIRC, the factory hood is 60lb, and the glass one is $400 and 30lb. That is a drop in ET of about .015 seconds. Running without a hood would be cheap, and .030 seconds.

I'd run a pass first, with and without a hood before I invested in a glass hood. You can spend your money more better for more gain elsewhere.

But talk to Buck and Jess and see what they are doing.

will they let you run with out a hood ? hummm :D

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I've seen sled pulling rules that require a steel hood. Just another thing to consider if you are going to multi-purpose your fun time....

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
WOW! Thats sweet! Did anyone call yet and get prices?

Can you run without a hood? Wouldnt it slow you down on te big end since it would prob create drag?

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
click on "drag trucks" they make glass for 2000 gmc, 2001 chev, 2004 chev, and 2007 chev...............

thanks- i was looking for of a more bolt on fenders, and hood type of deal, not 1 pc frontd ends. I will call them to see what else is available

n0useforaname

knows your mom
Apr 16, 2009
You guys probably don't care about this aspect, but Fiberglass body parts don't hold up too well with paint, durability, etc. When I bought my new hood, I looked at a bunch of different options, and found that the paint can easily spider crack, etc... Just wanted to throw that out there.