What Size Injectors

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Just 2yrs of reading this forum and putting up with shit from guys like you;)
3yrs of calling shops across the nation talking to builders, and
Driving and building my own truck for 3yrs now...yeah, I know that's not much

Why Brian? Was there an untruth in what I said?

My summers are about as cold as your winter...when's the last time you were in sub zero temperatures? Desert boy...

You also made somewhere around 1000whp on stock manifolds and cam etc etc and don't seem to care if/when shit breaks...not exactly what most are willing or trying to do
Thanks for proving my point :thumb: untill you have personal experience on stuff your comments are just as true as anyone else's. anybody can read for years, untill they have the backing to say "go bigger" your posts are just saying "I don't know, I'm just here to post"

I was in sub zero temperatures last week. I haven't broken anything yet at 1k Hp, but thanks for keeping tabs on me, I feel special.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Only thing I've dicked with for cold starts is the timing table. It was adding too much when cold and rattling like a sob till it warmed up to the switching point.

Being I high elevation and cold, it's gunna be tricky. It's gunna take some time with any tuner to dial in that setup no matter what size injectors, specially if the tuner is not local so don't expect it to be a quick thing. I wouldn't be too worried about injector size for the cold, it's won't be as much of an issue as tuning will be and compression ratio. It's gunna smoke when that cold regardless though I would bet.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Only thing I've dicked with for cold starts is the timing table. It was adding too much when cold and rattling like a sob till it warmed up to the switching point.

Being I high elevation and cold, it's gunna be tricky. It's gunna take some time with any tuner to dial in that setup no matter what size injectors, specially if the tuner is not local so don't expect it to be a quick thing. I wouldn't be too worried about injector size for the cold, it's won't be as much of an issue as tuning will be and compression ratio. It's gunna smoke when that cold regardless though I would bet.

Ya, no doubt it will smoke; stock injectors won't even clean up at -40*.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Altitude is definitely an issue. Makes a big difference. Go up to 6-8000' and find out.

I wasn't saying altitude wasn't a key factor at all, if you read what I said, I was saying I don't believe it would be as big of an issue in the cold as it would be when it's warm cuz colder air is typically more dense and oxygen rich. I also said that that was just speculation

:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I wasn't saying altitude wasn't a key factor at all, if you read what I said, I was saying I don't believe it would be as big of an issue in the cold as it would be when it's warm cuz colder air is typically more dense and oxygen rich. I also said that that was just speculation

But temperature aside air at high elevation is less dense.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for proving my point :thumb: untill you have personal experience on stuff your comments are just as true as anyone else's. anybody can read for years, untill they have the backing to say "go bigger" your posts are just saying "I don't know, I'm just here to post"

I was in sub zero temperatures last week. I haven't broken anything yet at 1k Hp, but thanks for keeping tabs on me, I feel special.

I didn't say anything different than you??? Other than to use a larger fuel supply(12mm cp3/duals)
Also, I said to use 16.5 C/R to help with tuning and running at altitude...
Again, was anything I said inaccurate?

The only reason I figured to bigger on the primary was cuz some guys twin the stock turbo with the 483 and I think a 485 would be more appropriate with the 72
And yes that is just my speculation based off reading, not personal experience, making that comment only in turn spurs more comments and only helps out the op in the long run :)

Last edited:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah

You have to comment on everything. Instead of speculating so much, better to keep quiet unless you know.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You have to comment on everything. Instead of speculating so much, better to keep quiet unless you know.

I hardly comment on anything anymore, and I'm on the forum every day...

Some of you just dont want to acknowledge I've actually learned a thing or two and would rather be brash than accepting

Cheers

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
0 degree cold start with my 30% over injectors. Hazes like crazy, didn't really care that it hazed cold because it doesn't haze one bit when warm or in the summer....Plus they are industrial nozzles, so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Some of you just dont want to acknowledge I've actually learned a thing or two and would rather be brash than accepting

Cheers

If you haven't done it. You don't know. I don't give a **** what you've read. Shut the **** up.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
0 degree cold start with my 30% over injectors. Hazes like crazy, didn't really care that it hazed cold because it doesn't haze one bit when warm or in the summer....Plus they are industrial nozzles, so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

This is my truck everday under about 35. Quality injectors and live tuning is the key.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah

Cheers

So a smiley face sticker on your forehead. And two demerits for brash speculation.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My truck in 25+ degrees doesn't haze hardly at all. Only when it's colder than 20 degrees or so.

My truck hazed like that with stock injectors/stock motor on first start up in the mornings without plugging the truck in in those types of temps. Did yours not?