What mains to use

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Just gonna refresh the engine. Putting in all new bearings and seals. Main studs, balancer etc. looking for more power this season too. Btw when i had stock bolts, they were reused 100,000 mile stock bolts lol

Good to hear, thank you for being able to elaborate on it.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
I had socal billet mains and main studs on my first 1,000hp motor and the mains showed some signs of walking. Now it has a socal girdle too.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
This would be the way to go. Less parts to fail.

Such a device does exist, they're made for 7.3's.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7.3gir.jpg
    7.3gir.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 103

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I am using the extra clearance ones on the mains, standard on the rods. The oil pump is no joke on oil pressure, you have to run the bypass if you don't you WILL blow the oil filter off. It's over 100 psi hot and cold before the bypass. in the motor I see abt 30 at idle and 60 at 2k rpm.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I am using the extra clearance ones on the mains, standard on the rods. The oil pump is no joke on oil pressure, you have to run the bypass if you don't you WILL blow the oil filter off. It's over 100 psi hot and cold before the bypass. in the motor I see abt 30 at idle and 60 at 2k rpm.

Ya thats what I heard. I think Simon blew his filter off of Abby the first time he started his with The DPR billet pump... Thanks for the info:thumb:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I have yet to have a duramax apart. Are they four bolt? This photo shows two for girdle.

Caps are held down by 2 bolts, 2 smaller bolts also enter the mains through the side of the block.

I am now contemplating a girdle...

my 165,000 mile stock pump puts out 35psi at idle and 60 psi at 1100 rpm..or am I missing something about that socal pump moparkx has??

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It also has a keyed shaft. you will have to have your stock gear slotted. I have pics if anyone wants to see.

Ya thats what I heard. I think Simon blew his filter off of Abby the first time he started his with The DPR billet pump... Thanks for the info:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Caps are held down by 2 bolts, 2 smaller bolts also enter the mains through the side of the block.

my 165,000 mile stock pump puts out 35psi at idle and 60 psi at 1100 rpm..or am I missing something about that socal pump moparkx has??
I believe they run more volume and as mopar mentioned the bypass/relief is adjustable If Im not mistaken. So you can make up for HX mains, opened up piston squirters and a general low factory oil pressure setting anyway
It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It also has a keyed shaft. you will have to have your stock gear slotted. I have pics if anyone wants to see.

Yep lets see em.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'm 60 right off idle just went out to check. I am also running extra clearances on mains, large oil lines going to compound turbos. kind of like having extra oil leaks internal to engine. this pump was worth the price for my build. on my last build I had the same bearings, and oil lines going to the turbos and my pressure was abt 1/2 what it is now. I did add the huge oil cooler this go around.

granted my build is ridicules and way over done.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I'm 60 right off idle just went out to check. I am also running extra clearances on mains, large oil lines going to compound turbos. kind of like having extra oil leaks internal to engine. this pump was worth the price for my build. on my last build I had the same bearings, and oil lines going to the turbos and my pressure was abt 1/2 what it is now. I did add the huge oil cooler this go around.

granted my build is ridicules and way over done.

Ok i figured something was different:thumb:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
This is the pump, and some of my oiling system, the line going to the back side of the pan comes from the bypass. I did not run over size piston oilers this time around. that was in debate during this build and could not get a strait answer...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
What bypass system are you running did you get from socal when ordered the oil pump and are running the oil cooler block off and just external oil cooler instead

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You can get them from Socal or others. It is made by Peterson. It is a pressure relief that would allow the oil to blow off and return to the pan at your desired location. I return mine in the front if the pan.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417785949337.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417785949337.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 36