What about these PPE products?????

BigWill_21

~BULL HURLEY Look-A-Like~
Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=53

http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=54

http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=114

What is the difficulty of INSTALL on each of these products???? Give opinions GOOD or BAD, ANY INFO is greatly appreciated!!!!

Does one or the other work better on a LLY???? I recently checked my DTC and had a 1093 stored, but I have nto been limited to 2000 RPM???

I basically think its time to step it up with THESE PPE PRODUCTS, TRANNY, then EFILIVE!!!

Thanks,
WILL

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I had PPE do the shim kit when my transmission was done so I can't comment on the difficulty, but a lot of guys do it themselves...Since it's been installed I haven't got a 1093 code...Haven't heard any feedback on the race valve or ported fuel fitting...Hope this helps a little...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
the shim kit highly recomended by lots of people
i have 3 shims( washers) in mine i have installed 3 of these kits myself in mine and buddys trucks mine was easy 30-45minutes to install my one buddys truck 3hrs i thought we where going to snap the rail before we broke it free we had to double wrench it to get it out...lol
but definatly worth the time and money
the other pic is a full race valve meaning you have no frpv fuel rail pop valve at all you would use this instead of shims ( no protection )

and the ported fuel rail fitting i dont have so i cant comment on

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
1) The shim kit is the cheapest way to shim your Pressure Relief Valve. This is recommended for racing or running big "handheld" tuners to stop P1093's.

2) The race plug is just a "plugged PRV", and you can use that instead.

3) We saw no gains by drilling the rail restrictor on "tuning only" trucks. With dual CP3's it might be necessary though.

Pat

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well the plug would be easier to do simply because you dont have to take apart your pop valve, but taking it apart and putting it back together only takes about 10-15 minutes
on the drivers side close to the firewall on the fuel rail is the f.r.p.v.
i cant remeber what size wrench it is but you take out to pop valve if it comes out easy you can be done this mod in about a 1/2 hour

BigWill_21

~BULL HURLEY Look-A-Like~
Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
I've been entertaining this again!!!

So the plug replaces the F.P.R.V??? Is that unsafe for a Daily Driver??? I would rather do that than fiddle witht he shims!!!

Just cut off the troublesome member and solve the issue is my philosphy!!!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Some folk will claim that plugging the FPRV is the cause of more deaths in the US than lung cancer.

But for those of us who actually test stuff before we sell it, it has proven to be a safe mod as far as we can tell.

On a greater note, tuning up any engine has risks. Some are acceptable, some are not. The FPRV mods are on hundreds of trucks without issue. This does not mean that it is 100%, as taking a bath is not 100% safe, but I consider it an "acceptable" risk.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I had the shim kit in my truck when I hit 300 miles its a lbz shimmed it 0.125 ths can be done in 20 mins 1/4 rachet 10mm socket 12mm and the valve is 18mm, I know have the race valve in and love it and the ported front valve just installed lift pump and intake pickup but im still getting the p0087 on top at around 100mph with 45 of boost and the power pup on kill and duramaximizer on full or half so not sure what to do next to fix that hint hint Dan if you have any thoughts on that not sure if mybe the duramaximizer and power pup is missing with each other with injection timing.