Ways to lower D/P

Idaho CTD

Junkie
May 28, 2008
Idaho
nathan how did maxed out feel when you guys put the 16cm housing on ? or did you end up not going that route .

It still spooled really easy but we haven't found the stall in the convertor yet either. I have launched over 3000rpms. We don't run the truck over 4k unless we are on the drag radials. There really isn't a need to when our peak torque is low. When we get the new twins on that will probably change a bit though.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
we will see what these are worth :D and work our way back :rofl:

Attachments

• rsz_100_1086.jpg
    rsz_100_1086.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 27

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
When are those going on?

should ship out monday and hope to have them on before i hit the track on friday . i stole the pic of the interwebby :D , i got a used set from rick at a pretty fair price . they will be updated to the most recent design before he ships them .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Damn trent you are amkein a mean ass little truck alot of good parts goin on hre latley

:broke::broke::broke:

you wont be seeing anything for a while i can tell you that much :rofl: i had a decent little savings built up through the winter to do just this with , that has bought most of it , but now its gone and a few things have even hit the plastic :eek: :rofl:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Those look so nice. I envy ya.

I'm sure its above my head but whats with the baffle between the primaries? Hows that work out? Is it so they only get two cylinders worth of hot gasses blowing past/through the bellows or something else? I seem to recall there may have been issue with them (the bellows) ballooning or leaking. Guess if you reduce the volume through them by 1/2 it should help??? Then I'd assume they still provide enough overall flex in the "system" to keep things from cracking???

Interesting.

Thems some massive flanges!! :eek:

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I know it dosen't mean anything since I have no dp gauge but I posted before about after I installed my medium duty manifold and up pipe on the driver side and turbo blanket that from my log from the track last year to one from this year with the same tune my average vain position lowed 10 percent from the two runs. I high lighted 100 percent tps to 100 percent tps before I let out for an accurate comparison so everything averaged was at 100% tps. Last years average was 34% during a run and this year was 24%. Egts are better and so is spool time. Just thought I'd pass the info incase it means anything.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Those look so nice. I envy ya.

I'm sure its above my head but whats with the baffle between the primaries? Hows that work out? Is it so they only get two cylinders worth of hot gasses blowing past/through the bellows or something else? I seem to recall there may have been issue with them (the bellows) ballooning or leaking. Guess if you reduce the volume through them by 1/2 it should help??? Then I'd assume they still provide enough overall flex in the "system" to keep things from cracking???

Interesting.

Thems some massive flanges!! :eek:

I heard it had something to do ith the expansion properties of SS. It responds to thermal expansion a little more than cast and the bellows were needed to account for that,

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
be cool to see before and after numbers..............:D
There will be ....................the drag strip :D , but with ever changing conditions its hard to measure, not expecting much , they were mostly bought for effencincy reasons , but some extra ponnie's are always nice .

those look nice but id spring for the stainless 16cm housing too

no money for now stainless housing and wheel swap + rebalance will be around 600 , but i will work my way to that probably , in my mind the headers should alow me to go that route eventually without loosing any spooling . because remember even after my motor's built this will be a tow truck still :rofl:

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
:D too soon to tell what the DP reduction is just got them on last night and the first WOT i did on the freeway i blew the IC boot of . got it fixed but havent had it out since . so far part throttle feels way better , truck feels real responsive and very little effort/throttle needed and builds boost faster . it was a tight squeeze with the twins down pipe though :eek: and install was a big job because i had to remove the S480 to get them in but so far i am very happy with them . just wish i had the coin to coat them , under hood temps do seem higher now but i expected they would be , as most cars with headers are .

this pics shows hoe tight it is you can see the bolt and up pipe flange are almost touching the down pipe , but it does fit :)

IMG00092-1.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

IMG00087.jpg

IMG00093.jpg

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Be interesting to see your results. Just doing the driverside medium duty manifold and up pipe my part throttle was more responsive and turbo lag was cut way down. Maybe you could run some 11.70's now:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Be interesting to see your results. Just doing the driverside medium duty manifold and up pipe my part throttle was more responsive and turbo lag was cut way down. Maybe you could run some 11.70's now:D

i am hoping so , i will find out in Billings hoping for a 11.65 to beat a certain somebody's record :D . i have a few more goodies coming too nothing big but should help . my main reason for buying the headers was for when i move to the 16cm housing ( down the road ) , i want the spooling to stay the same and i think it deff will :D , boy if i didnt have to still tow heavy with this truck it would be alot cheaper to make fast :rofl:

Last edited: