Wastegate stuck Closed???

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
pics now!!!.
or when you get a minute . the sooner the better. . which turbo are you looking at getting?

CPugh2013

Cummins Certed, Chevy Guy
Aug 25, 2015
Tricity Area, N. Colorado
Hey sorry guys, ended up going to the bar with my roommates and neighbor. I'll make sure to get those pics posted today though. I really am confused. I'm thinking it came off the intake filter. That's my only idea of where it could have came from lol. And guaranteed not to happen again. I really have no idea what this thing is lol. It looks like it would have had to been placed there by someone. I'll get the pics later and get y'all's (<- lol autocorrect just corrected that from y'alls to y'all's) opinion.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
A picture is worth a thousand words :D.

Best way to check the wastegate is to disconnect the rod from the actuator arm; thats on the side of the exhaust housing. If you can spin that actuator arm 360 then that internal arm broke off. If it doesn't rotate 360 that internal arm didn't brake but thats not to say the stop that sits against the wastegate ports didn't come off.

IHI Rebuild. Look at my first post, second picture. Take said E-clip off so you can rotate that arm.

If you're needing a turbo I wouldn't go to the bar to help pay for a new turbo:thumb::roflmao:

Yellowchevy

CPugh2013

Aug 25, 2015
Sweet! Thanks for the info on the wastegate! And nah! The bar is always a great choice! Lol, but money's not really an issue, so the bar was definitely a good choice, I just didn't want to HAVE to spend the $3,000 for the turbo, ya know? Lol and to answer the other guy earlier (sorry, can't remember your name/username) I'm thinking about going with the GT3788R.

CPugh2013

Aug 25, 2015
So finally... the moment everyone has been waiting for!
picture.php

CPugh2013

Aug 25, 2015
You know what I just thought of... My neighbor had been parking his Ford POS in front of our house without even asking us, so I started keeping my truck in front of the house. He started parking his truck in his garage, and two days later I find this shit in my turbo... and the rubber elbows on my intake had been messed up (they weren't messed up before). Surveillance time... Thank goodness for Colorado's Make my Day Law.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That didn't come from you. What kind of air filter?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Wow that's insane! You don't get along with your neighbor? And also don't keep your doors locked? Anyway......I would wait for 6 mo and then his truck would never run again. He left evidence I wouldn't lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CPugh2013

Aug 25, 2015
Nah I keep my doors locked, I have no idea how he'd have got under my hood. This does piss me off though. After I get the new turbo on I'll definitely be installing a proximity alarm on the truck. This is completely unacceptable. And I've never even met that guy next door. He's prior Army National Guard and I'm current AD Air Force, you'd think there would be some sort of respect there... Anyway though, I'd totally have no problem messing with his truck but he keeps it in his garage all the time now...

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Man that sucks!!!:mad:
Sorry to see that happen and that people do that. I've got friends that have put zip ties on drive shafts, dead fish in vents, hooked the horn to the brake wire, etc. but not wreck something.

To comment on your page 2 post, I would pick a 4088r or a 3788r due to the the 4088r has a larger/stronger turbine wheel/shaft. But, I would look at a borg warner turbo if you're wanting something larger than a stock frame turbo due to cost. I'm partial to my ported/polished turbos but I like how my turbos perform, haha:roflmao:.

If just the compressor wheel is messed up you might be able to replace/rebuild the turbo with a new comp wheel. Just giving you an other option.

Yellowchevy