Washington members, roll call

LetFreedomRing1776

Dec 2, 2023
Lacey WA
Technically no vehicle on the road is legal to tune unless the tune is approved by the EPA. At this point I have a low opinion of LDS. Not because of this statement but much more. Be careful with them and parts you order. If you keep your smoke output to a minimum and tune it to run clean then you will likely be OK. Dirty tunes, blowing black smoke, lope tunes and such will eventually get ticketed
I have been on many duramax forums with lots of folks saying nothing but good about LDS. care to share why you have this option ( here or direct message) ? I am just asking for reference not to get into a scuff.

LetFreedomRing1776

Dec 2, 2023
Lacey WA
And the tune has been to include all the parts I have used. I am not looking to drive a coal truck. I want power but I like to run clean and efficient as possible. I am not a tree huger, but I like to leave as small as a foot print as I can within reason.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I have been on many duramax forums with lots of folks saying nothing but good about LDS. care to share why you have this option ( here or direct message) ? I am just asking for reference not to get into a scuff.
At one time they where great. They had awesome customer service and really strived to provide low cost quality products to their customers. But as they grew in size and time went on. More and more people where left with denied warranty, worsening quality and lack of service that they originally where know for. Just do a little searching on the forums and you'll see that they are not as good as they used to be. I for one had good experience with my first set of injectors. But when they started suffering from excessive return rates less then a year later they tried to say it was not their fault. Said they would not trust my diagnosis and had to have a GM certified shop provide the report at my expense. Had to take it to the dealership. Dealership stated needs all new injectors, LDS said they would only give me half. And I had to pay for the other half. BS warranty. Supposed to be 12 months and unlimited miles. It had only been about 9 months
And the tune has been to include all the parts I have used. I am not looking to drive a coal truck. I want power but I like to run clean and efficient as possible. I am not a tree huger, but I like to leave as small as a foot print as I can within reason.
As we all should be. The coal rollers are why we are in this mess now

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
LDS use to be a S&S dealer for injectors and pumps (top notch stuff and only thing we sell at our shop) but they went below MAP too many times and s&s booted them. Who ever they use now is sub par in quality. Before me personally knowing this change, I had done a set of injectors in a friends truck and a single replacement in another. They all failed and drug out the warranty time.

Sucks cause they were a great place to go but not anymore

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
3rd for skipping LDS. Personally I've had the same experiences as listed above as well as seen their quality dropoff first hand locally. With where I live they are the "go to" as they're local. More and more guys have been getting left holding a bill for injectors, issues being blamed on tuning when the largest names in tuning (at the time) tried to tune them, injectors (multiple sets) leaking/failing at low mileage etc.

For those reasons my shop won't touch their products, that's both installation or recommending them.

Reactions: Dm23 and 2004LB7

LetFreedomRing1776

Dec 2, 2023
Lacey WA
3rd for skipping LDS. Personally I've had the same experiences as listed above as well as seen their quality dropoff first hand locally. With where I live they are the "go to" as they're local. More and more guys have been getting left holding a bill for injectors, issues being blamed on tuning when the largest names in tuning (at the time) tried to tune them, injectors (multiple sets) leaking/failing at low mileage etc.

For those reasons my shop won't touch their products, that's both installation or recommending them.
Well shit. At this point they are in the truck already. Hope I get lucky.

Reactions: Bdsankey