Walmart Destroying America!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Yes and no regaurding my post,you are correct about diagnosing diabeaties but when kids just want to sit on their asses and play viseo games and snack on pop chips and candy instead of getting outside and playing like i did when i was kid.I had video games to but my dad would kick my ass out side and tell me go play or go play basket ball something.I know exercise chases diabeaties away so it could go either way i supose.
And as far as buying things out of the country you must believe everyone is over paid and we should work for pennys like they do in other countrys because then i guess we can be competive.You cant be a country that does nothing but consume you must manufacture to offset the trade defficet or make a much better quality productand worth while to spend the extra money on it.Im not saying i have the answers i do know my family was affected buy another companys greed.They went to another country to make the same part for pennys on the dollar and do you think they lowered the price at all? yeah right this is the company that charged the goverment 400 dollars each for hammers and other stupid shit.If they came over here brought their own bulldozers and started opperating for 8 9 bucks an hour im pretty sure that would suck.Not trying to start anything im just sayin.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't disagree that kids are a lot less active then we where as kids.

The funny thing is you don't have to pay people pennies in the US to be competitive with other countries. Ask any legit employer wages arn't the bulk of there overhead. Read Mackin post again

As far as the China playground in Walmart it's the consumer driven elected Government that allowed this to happen by pushing companies out of this country by the cost of doing business and environmental issues. If your a business owner you should know between utilities and insurance it's a KILLER! Workers comp alone cost me $4500 dollars per man I have working on my floor in my industry. Combine that with taxes it's not greed it's common sense.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I don't disagree that kids are a lot less active then we where as kids.

The funny thing is you don't have to pay people pennies in the US to be competitive with other countries. Ask any legit employer wages arn't the bulk of there overhead. Read Mackin post again
Yeah i know theres alot i dont know and i agree i just hate to see all these good paying jobs going over there for the bobble heads to do.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Its not about knowing or not knowing everyone has there own ideas. Keeping an open mind is important cause no one has all the answers.

I forgot you mention dozers and wages. Illegal immigration has driven wages down here to the point some companies are paying their good operators little more then I was making 10 years ago when I start in the industry. And yep it sucks, but they work 6 12s so you can still make $$$ if it don't rain and you like killing yourself for it. Some of you might think that is Walmarts fault though too.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
As a union craftsman (Ironworker) my whole local union has made it a point to boycott WalMart. We call it RatMart. I can't stand even looking at the sign. There was a special about Walmart on Frontline a couple of years ago ... I was shocked with their marketing methods and the way they purchase. There might be ten competing companies trying to buy into Walmart and they do not bargain over dollars. Walmart tells them what they will purchase the product for and then companies bid pennies to get their product on the shelf.

I don't buy into the argument that poor people, or those who stretch it week to week, can't afford mom and pop stores. That's a bs excuse to stay at the bottom. And I will not stoop to step foot in that sithole for a store.

I like tacos.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Its not about knowing or not knowing everyone has there own ideas. Keeping an open mind is important cause no one has all the answers.

I forgot you mention dozers and wages. Illegal immigration has driven wages down here to the point some companies are paying their good operators little more then I was making 10 years ago when I start in the industry. And yep it sucks, but they work 6 12s so you can still make $$$ if it don't rain and you like killing yourself for it. Some of you might think that is Walmarts fault though too.
I am open minded and you and the others have already shown me things i hadnt thought of.

Judgeing from the size ot the equipment you run and the size of the jobs you work (what little i see) i would think that imagrints wouldnt make any impact on your work site.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I don’t care for WalMart. But it is a successful business that has created lots of jobs for a lot of people. The reason they sell crap from china is because it is cheap. We cannot produce it like china; this country has so many regulations, fees, and taxes on producing goods that we have them produced overseas. We (Americans) barely produce steel any more, almost all our scrap go's overseas because e.p.a regulations. What is the difference between WalMart and Apple? Nothing they are both billon dollar companies that produce their stuff overseas so they can turn a profit but Apple is not demonized by the media as is WalMart. I have nothing against these companies they know how our system works and can utilize it to make a buck. Any one of us can be just as successful as they are, you just have to have the edge. Look at google, face book, Amazon and other internet empires. Their creators where nothing special they just had a good idea. Think about all the goods and adds you see on those sights, are they all 100% tied to America business.

The majority of people don’t care anymore where there stuff comes from or how it gets to them and that is a sad thing. This country is headed down hill and Im afraid it is not going to change anytime soon. Our leaders and there cronys (past and present) have put us here.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Most you guys didn't even watch the video. There is a lot more to what walmart is doing other than just buying chinese products and selling them here. You should take the time to watch the video it is well worth your time

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Most you guys didn't even watch the video. There is a lot more to what walmart is doing other than just buying chinese products and selling them here. You should take the time to watch the video it is well worth your time

Me and the wife watched the video. I will never shop at Wal Mart again. I have also pushed the Wal Mart boycott to my co-workers, friends and family.

Thanks for posting the vid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Judgeing from the size ot the equipment you run and the size of the jobs you work (what little i see) i would think that imagrints wouldnt make any impact on your work site.

We have lost entire crews to INS the biggest road builder in this area is full of them. There are more then a few companies that you can't even work for if you ain't bilingual.

What is the difference between WalMart and Apple? Nothing they are both billon dollar companies that produce their stuff overseas so they can turn a profit but Apple is not demonized by the media as is WalMart.

Our leaders and there cronys (past and present) have put us here.

Its not for profit you already said it Regulation. If we can't even keep scrap in this country what makes you think we can make the Iphone? Apple has been berated by the media and the left. There are articles out there on why the Iphone isn't built in the US for this reason Here.

"The entire supply chain is in China now," said another former high-ranking Apple executive. "You need a thousand rubber gaskets? That's the factory next door. You need a million screws? That factory is a block away. You need that screw made a little bit different? It will take three hours."

"They could hire 3,000 people overnight," said Jennifer Rigoni, who was Apple's worldwide supply demand manager until 2010, but declined to discuss specifics of her work. "What U.S. plant can find 3,000 people overnight and convince them to live in dorms?"

Another critical advantage for Apple was that China provided engineers at a scale the United States could not match. Apple's executives had estimated that about 8,700 industrial engineers were needed to oversee and guide the 200,000 assembly-line workers eventually involved in manufacturing iPhones. The company's analysts had forecast it would take as long as nine months to find that many qualified engineers in the United States.

In China, it took 15 days

There is plenty of blame to go around if thats what you want to do. And you can start with the public of voting age.

Maybe yours but not mine. I didn't watch an Inconvenient Truth because its just 1 sided BS maybe you did. If there is so much more to it then why hasn't anyone/you brought up these multitude of other reasons? I'm not go to debate a vid its a losing battle. Now debating a person maybe we can all come way with something.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
We have lost entire crews to INS the biggest road builder in this area is full of them. There are more then a few companies that you can't even work for if you ain't bilingual.

That pisses me off too if your in the country learn the langauge.I take it thats a non union road company?Up here the road comapnys are all union if you cant speak the langauge your not working there.Water and sewer is mostly union also.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Supermarkets have been accused of being the enemy since the 1960's.

Safeway, Sears, Walmart, etc, etc, they have all been targets at one time or another.

The next "biggest superstore" will be on-line. Currently, Walmart is web-retarded. Nobody there knows how to sell stuff online.

I'd venture a guess that 50% or more of the hardgoods I purchase are via the internet. And price isn't the #1 factor. Ease of finding the product, and quick delivery counts more. I'll pay more to get something from Amazon than Walmart.

In any case, I don't shop at Walmart because they don't sell what I like to buy, not because they are going to take over the Earth. I think the last Walmart I was in, was in Puerto Vallarta? Mexico.

I kind of like Target. Seems their buyers have a keener eye for what doesn't look like trash. The Walmart buyers must be blind.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
I don't really think Walmart is the issue so much as its a good indicator of the underlying issue.

My two cents on the cause is the demand of a large part of the consumer public for low cost and even lower quality products. If people start doing a little research before they buy this garbage and spend a few bucks more many of these issues will disappear quickly.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I kind of like Target. Seems their buyers have a keener eye for what doesn't look like trash. The Walmart buyers must be blind.

Junk! I agree with the whole post, Pat. Especially this part. Large, superstores are not my real problem. I suppose the reality of my perception is what RatMart is as a company, the 80% of the product they sell, and the mentality of who shop there.

I like tacos.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That pisses me off too if your in the country learn the langauge.I take it thats a non union road company?Up here the road comapnys are all union if you cant speak the langauge your not working there.Water and sewer is mostly union also.

They are finely cracking down on companies that hire illegals here. This is a right to work state the unions have little to no power here. Never even seen a union company here. I don't care for unions but thats another thread.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
The demands of the cheap,cheap&cheaper crowd are also driving much of the hiring of illegals. If the country doesn't pull it's collective head out of its ass we may as well learn Spanish, I know I have started.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
That pisses me off too if your in the country learn the langauge

Your statement had two sides. I tend to disagree with you for many reasons.

1. America is bilingually challenged. I think this goes back to overall laziness and entitlement. Why should we learn languages. Everyone should bow to us. Without learning other languages there would be no trade and a worse economy. We are going into other countries to sell our goods, they are coming to ours to sell our goods. People in these positions learn other languages. Doesn't matter what race they are, they learn the proper languages. Its a tool for their job and they are payed accordingly.

2. The migrants coming into the us are taking over low income jobs. They are getting paid to do a task. Their managers are often reguired to be bilingual but are payed accordingly. While this analogy may sound harsh, it is true. These workers are like robots. You need somebody educated in computers and IT to operate and control them. Just like you need somebody bilingual to talk to the workers.

3. How are the migrants going to learn another language when our country as a whole lacks the education structure and motivation to learn another language.

4. Control. I often feel the bilingual person is in control. If the workers are talking to you in English, you don't know what they are saying when talking in Spanish. This could be threats, complaints or general problem causing behavior you are oblivious to. You're the dumb white Guy. But when you are the bilingual one, they know they can't get away with that much. You may not know their language entirely but you will know enough that they won't say anything. Why does this matter? Look how many people get fired daily for things they put on facebook about their work, or for verbal harassment. You're oblivious to it unless you can speak their language.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
The demands of the cheap,cheap&cheaper crowd are also driving much of the hiring of illegals. If the country doesn't pull it's collective head out of its ass we may as well learn Spanish, I know I have started.

I don't think its so much the "cheap cheap" crowd as it is the overspending gotta have it now crowd. As well as the ones that feel "entitlement". They dent think a low income job is for them anymore. They think that without any form of work ethic they should get a big check and live big.

As for illegals. There's a lot of money America is missing out on and loosing by just sitting around doing nothing. If they charged the rates that the illegal places charge for documentation of migrants they would make a killing. Not to mention taxes, etc. I realize though that there is more to the big picture but I feel turning our backs does nothing.

I'm often asked, or overhear people talking about dairy farmers and other forms of low income labor, wondering why the farmer and his family aren't milking their own cows like the good ol days. Why don't the engineers, CEOs, secretary's, accountants, etc etc, sit on the assembly line putting cars together? Their time and knowledge are better put to use elseware. Its not that we don't want to milk our cows its that we can't afford to. If we did we would get nothing else done.

From all of my experience in dealing with employees on our farm the main reason (like 97%) is simple laziness or entitlement. Not many Americans have walked onto our farm looking for work and leaving with a job. None of them want 60hr weeks with no overtime (the law for farms) and low (but fair) pay. Unlike other industries we can't alter our price to adjust for costs very easily. Everything is so regulated that one farmer going on strike or something isn't going to do.much. it actually would make them happy. They are paying farmers to quit farming out west right now as there is a surplus of milk.

The bottom line comes down to not being lazy and working for what you want but only buying what you can/need.

Nobody got rich without hard work and all of the ones that did, loose it fast. There's and old joke around here about people who inherit or somewhat inherit a business, 1st generation makes it, 2nd maintains it,3 rd pisses it away.

While its only a joke, it is extremely true. Those who never had to work hard for anything rarely live a long happy life because they piss it all away and rarely get a sense of accomplishment.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I don't think its so much the "cheap cheap" crowd as it is the overspending gotta have it now crowd. As well as the ones that feel "entitlement". They dent think a low income job is for them anymore. They think that without any form of work ethic they should get a big check and live big.

As for illegals. There's a lot of money America is missing out on and loosing by just sitting around doing nothing. If they charged the rates that the illegal places charge for documentation of migrants they would make a killing. Not to mention taxes, etc. I realize though that there is more to the big picture but I feel turning our backs does nothing.

I'm often asked, or overhear people talking about dairy farmers and other forms of low income labor, wondering why the farmer and his family aren't milking their own cows like the good ol days. Why don't the engineers, CEOs, secretary's, accountants, etc etc, sit on the assembly line putting cars together? Their time and knowledge are better put to use elseware. Its not that we don't want to milk our cows its that we can't afford to. If we did we would get nothing else done.

From all of my experience in dealing with employees on our farm the main reason (like 97%) is simple laziness or entitlement. Not many Americans have walked onto our farm looking for work and leaving with a job. None of them want 60hr weeks with no overtime (the law for farms) and low (but fair) pay. Unlike other industries we can't alter our price to adjust for costs very easily. Everything is so regulated that one farmer going on strike or something isn't going to do.much. it actually would make them happy. They are paying farmers to quit farming out west right now as there is a surplus of milk.

The bottom line comes down to not being lazy and working for what you want but only buying what you can/need.

Nobody got rich without hard work and all of the ones that did, loose it fast. There's and old joke around here about people who inherit or somewhat inherit a business, 1st generation makes it, 2nd maintains it,3 rd pisses it away.

While its only a joke, it is extremely true. Those who never had to work hard for anything rarely live a long happy life because they piss it all away and rarely get a sense of accomplishment.

Pretty well said. You're a smart young man. Good post and well said.

The only part that I disagree with is illegals have driven down wages and driven up cost of living, especially with housing. I do, however, agree that most Americans have a sense of entitlement. The only thing is in regards to entitlement is I DO BELEIVE that a high quality craftsman, for example, is entitled to higher wages or cost of his service. That same craftsman should not be expected to not ask for a higher wage or price for his goods. If he can't find a job somewhere, Dick Tracy slinging burgers at McD shouldn't be complaining about why a craftsman won't get a job at the dairy or Taco Bell. If he HAS TO he most likely will. If I HAD TO it would be only to find the means to the end.

I like tacos.