Walmart Destroying America!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925 Dmaxchris posted this on another website and i wanted to post it here and hope that at least o few of you will take some time to watch this video. It completely blew my mind and will your too! This video is a real eye opener to me for whats to come if we don't get our shit together. I never post stuff like this but i felt this was important so I'm posting. Check it out you will be glad you did:thumb:

warpspeed

Shadetree
Feb 10, 2012
Ohio
i love how they can put a store in even if the whole town is against it thats exactly what happened near me. I buy from a "all american" hardware store near me as much as i can but it seems there isn't much made in us anymore

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah walmart is awful. I remember reading about the famous vlasic pickles saga with them. They are the number one retailer, home depot comes in second and their numbers are half of what walmarts are concerning sales and profit. Scary

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I hear you man! This relates right in there with my rant just last week. Things need to change,people's attitudes are deplorable. If things continue the way they are bigger problems then what we face today!

That's a general statement must here are on the same page but out there open your eyes and tell me I'm wrong about societies attitudes.

jewelaudio

Apr 16, 2012
Morris, IL
This isnt anything new. Im 37 and have been saying Wal Mart is destroying this country for 15 years or longer. To bad 90% of the people in this country just care. As long as they can get it cheaper and faster they will walk around with blinders on not paying attention to anything but there own lives.

Everyone in the entire country could watch this video and Wal Mart would be the biggest retailer in 2013. Nothing would change...

No different than Amazon and numerous online stores as well. How fast and how cheap can I get it....the new American way. As a business owner I deal with this every single day.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
This isnt anything new. Im 37 and have been saying Wal Mart is destroying this country for 15 years or longer. To bad 90% of the people in this country just care. As long as they can get it cheaper and faster they will walk around with blinders on not paying attention to anything but there own lives.

Everyone in the entire country could watch this video and Wal Mart would be the biggest retailer in 2013. Nothing would change...

No different than Amazon and numerous online stores as well. How fast and how cheap can I get it....the new American way. As a business owner I deal with this every single day.

Not that I disagree with you.. but it is hard for people on a tight budget to go somewhere else and pay more.... I realize we need to be concerned about the bigger picture, but for some people they have to be concerned with making it week to week ya know.. tough place to be...

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Not that I disagree with you.. but it is hard for people on a tight budget to go somewhere else and pay more.... I realize we need to be concerned about the bigger picture, but for some people they have to be concerned with making it week to week ya know.. tough place to be...

But if everyone just picked one week to not shop at Walmart and shop at a hometown grocerie store, or hardware store, it would kill Walmart, and probably create a lot of jobs, then when people make more, they can spend more. Imagine what a month would do.

jewelaudio

Apr 16, 2012
Morris, IL

How do you think this came to be? Im not saying Wal Mart is the cause of everyone's situation but it sure does play a big part in it...

If there wasnt a wal mart think of how many things would still be made here in the US. Think about how many better paying jobs would be here if there was no wal mart.

I get it. Im not even close to having enough money to just do what I want when I want. A lot of the time Im week to week just like everyone else...But being a business owner for almost 20 years now I can assure you places like wal mart, amazon, ect....have made things terribly worse in this country. Wal mart is China's super store.

Everyone wants to complain about no work and low paying jobs but we all asked for it. We did this to ourselves... The longer it goes on the worse it will get. Things CAN NOT and WILL NOT get better until things change. US manufacturing would be a good start. You cant send all of your money to another country and expect to have a good economy. China seems to be doing well though, wonder why that is?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
But if everyone just picked one week to not shop at Walmart and shop at a hometown grocerie store, or hardware store, it would kill Walmart, and probably create a lot of jobs, then when people make more, they can spend more. Imagine what a month would do.

What is your prof? WM employes a lot of people so those jobs would be lost. The disappearance of WM wouldn't mean more things would be produced here since that wouldn't lower the cost of producing things here. So others would still buy cheap china produced items. How would no WM increase wages?

How do you think this came to be? Im not saying Wal Mart is the cause of everyone's situation but it sure does play a big part in it...

If there wasnt a wal mart think of how many things would still be made here in the US. Think about how many better paying jobs would be here if there was no wal mart.

I get it. Im not even close to having enough money to just do what I want when I want. A lot of the time Im week to week just like everyone else...But being a business owner for almost 20 years now I can assure you places like wal mart, amazon, ect....have made things terribly worse in this country. Wal mart is China's super store.

Everyone wants to complain about no work and low paying jobs but we all asked for it. We did this to ourselves... The longer it goes on the worse it will get. Things CAN NOT and WILL NOT get better until things change. US manufacturing would be a good start. You cant send all of your money to another country and expect to have a good economy. China seems to be doing well though, wonder why that is?

So you don't stock anything made in China in your store? If WM didn't go to China for cheap shit you don't think anyone else would of? It was a market shift maybe WM started it, but it would of happen eventually regardless. We went from producers to consumers and that is not Walmarts fault.

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
If your concern is about the grocery department, many other grocery stores offer better items at much better prices depending on if you want to shop around. My wife and I rarly buy at walmart becuase of this. Walmart will never put items on sale, but the other stores are always running specials of some kind. I really does pay to shop around

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
What is your prof? WM employes a lot of people so those jobs would be lost. The disappearance of WM wouldn't mean more things would be produced here since that wouldn't lower the cost of producing things here. So others would still buy cheap china produced items. How would no WM increase wages?

So you don't stock anything made in China in your store? If WM didn't go to China for cheap shit you don't think anyone else would of? It was a market shift maybe WM started it, but it would of happen eventually regardless. We went from producers to consumers and that is not Walmarts fault.

Where's ur proof it won't? If Walmart went away there would still be places to buy items. Check out average Costco wages compared to walmarts. And walmarts CEO pay compared to costcos. Walmart is just a Shit company period. Edit: did u mean proof? Or prof. Like profession?

jewelaudio

Apr 16, 2012
Morris, IL

That was my point....If you go back and read my post's I said more than once "we did this to ourselves". More than a few other comments about how this situation is what we wanted ect...

Of course I stock things made in China in my store. I own a car audio shop. I wouldnt have a business if I didnt stock things made in China. How SAD is that?

I also buy and sell product from every manufacturer that still makes product here in the US. Which is only about 2 maybe 3 and of them only a few products are actually made here. I do push those products though.

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
I never shop at wal-mart anymore. but i will say, wal-mart is scared of amazon.com. More people these days are shoping on line. and amazon is doing more sales on the web then wal-mart. I remember a few years about going in to a wal-mart to buy a few things... one of the idems on the list was Apples. when we got home few found that the bag of apples that we had bought were half rotten... Wal-mart is only big because they buy a mass quantity of stuff.. and they pretty much tell the people that make it what the

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I know it makes some people feel really good inside to blame Walmart for this and or for that but did any of you guys stop and think of how many products on your trucks are made in China? And please, don't give me the patriotism speal....

And to the guy who talked about amazon.com, I have bought my fair share of those evil China products from there as well. So are they bad too or just Walmart?

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Where's ur proof it won't? If Walmart went away there would still be places to buy items. Check out average Costco wages compared to walmarts. And walmarts CEO pay compared to costcos. Walmart is just a Shit company period. Edit: did u mean proof? Or prof. Like profession?

Costco special was on CNBC last night and guess what, after you factor in the membership costs you as a consumer are not really saving any money especially after you factor in throwing away the food you bought in mass quantity. Not my words so try not to flame me. But again, people feel warm and fuzzy so they don't want to think about it that way. ;)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Proof oops

So none of us have any proof of anything and this whole thread is pointless and is here just so we can rant about WM. If the wages are so bad the why would anyone work there? You can't tell me its that much harder to get a job at Costco then WM. If no one would take a job for what WM was paying then they would up the wages. Don't give me that BS about there not being any jobs. People where working for WM when unemployment was 4% too.

That was my point....If you go back and read my post's I said more than once "we did this to ourselves". More than a few other comments about how this situation is what we wanted ect...

Of course I stock things made in China in my store. I own a car audio shop. I wouldnt have a business if I didnt stock things made in China. How SAD is that?

I also buy and sell product from every manufacturer that still makes product here in the US. Which is only about 2 maybe 3 and of them only a few products are actually made here. I do push those products though.

Heck at least there is some car audio stuff made in the US. I know people that have attempted the whole buy only things made in the US thing. Well it didn't go to well after through research they found most things where made out right, shipped to for assembly, or had parts from other counties.

You know there is something wrong when you can grown the ingredients for a granola bar here ship them to china to have the bars made. Then ship them back for cheaper they they can be produced here. Maybe those great wages we all want have something to do with it? The fact is low skill jobs get low skill pay.

I don't love WM, but I shop there. I have better things to do them go to several stores for things I can get at one place. And I don't buy cheap crap there. If there is a better quality item for a fair price somewhere else even if its more I will buy it. Unless its not worth the trip. Like groceries where brought up. Yep other place have sales, but there other items are high enough to make the sale not much of a deal. I'm not going to 3 different grocery stores with a stack of coupons for a deal.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado

I agree... I just think when you are caught in the middle of it, I don't blame people who do shop at wal-mart to buy shirts for $4 or cheap groceries to get by. No they aren't helping anything including themselves... but they probably aren't going to stop doing it... and I have no idea how to get people to stop?? that's the real question, how do you make this happen? This video may help a few people become aware and make a change, but how do you change the minds of all the people who go to wal-mart because money is tight.... It would be nice if the things you bought in wal-mart were not made in china.. of course... my question is, is anyone actually making all the same things here in the US. Seems we just don't make many things... even if I guy to a "local" store a lot of the stuff is from the same place. Companies have gone overseas for a lot of reasons IMO.. often times it's all the red tape, rules and ridiculous regulations (EPA comes to mind)... probably quite often it's just greed. Not sure....

...Quite often I buy through Amazon. I don't personally see Amazon as being as bad, I buy the same things through Amazon I would buy somewhere else (not knock off made in China junk). Seriously, internet buying of goods has been taking over for some time, this is nothing new, I live 30 miles from the City, if I have to drive 30 miles each way, and pay more for the same thing, what do you suppose I'm going to do... it's the same product coming from the same manufacture(whether that be US or not).... now maybe my thinking is way off, I'm not supporting local business I guess? I don't know, please enlighten me about Amazon, I honestly love Amazon...

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I didnt have time to watch the video, but do have mixed feelings on the issue.

I tend to look at things from many angles, but a lot of times see things from a business owner perspective. In that case, Wal-Mart is a pioneer, innovator and has changed the world in just as many good ways as bad ways. What Wal-Mart did was respond to consumers when others weren't. No law against it, something a lot of business owners doing. I really don't ever blame one company for giving people what they want. I really seriously just blame americans.

I seriously hate our countries plain laziness. I see it all to often with the farm. Everybody complains about the hispanics moving here and establishing jobs, families and careers. The fact of the matter is that any american could have that job if they wanted it, but they all feel they need $20/hr to pull a tit. Not going to happen, its a low skill job. I dont care if you have a PHD, your milking a cow you get payed according to your job. If you are living on nothing and think your too good for the job and then complain that the migrant worker got it, your a hypocrite. The migrant worker has no advantage over you other than they will accept appropriate pay for the job, they will work the required hours per week (typically 50-60 max) and will show up as well as take responsibility if they don't.

I just don't like people that sit around and whine because they don't feel they should be held accountable for their actions. Everybody wants their handout. They all feel they are "too good" for many jobs.

I have always seen Germany as my idol I guess. The reason being is that everything I buy from there is the most precise, well engineered, well tested, and overall well designed piece of whatever it is I may be buying. From tools to cars to farm equipment, its just all better as a whole. And the price isn't terrible. Generally higher though.

Anybody every been to a german manufacturing facility? No money wasted on excess safety features, lawyers, lawsuits, etc etc for people not taking responsibility. My parents asked the tour guide why nobody had safety glasses or why there wasnt a gaurd on the one shear. He said safety glasses are optional. You get something in your eye, your problem. Same goes for the shear. Theres a sign above it saying it will pinch you, you should learn the operation of each machine before running it. If you fail to do either of the following and stick your hand in there, that is your own problem. None of these negligence lawsuits because people just want a check. Number one thing that pisses me off everyday. Im always thinking in the back of my head look at how much more money they had to waste on this or that to keep OSHA happy. I am all for safety features that are there to keep you safe for uncontrollable things, but having to retard proof every little thing gets pretty bad.

A little off topic, but related in a roundabout way. Many americans feel they should be able to work 40hrs per week with no other skills other than AB (simple one task operations) and be able to have a household income over $100,000. Then there are those who get the college degrees and feel entitled to big pay and a job. Bottom line is that you still have to fight for your job or somebody else will take it. They say over 50% of people hate their jobs. How does that help our country. i could never go to a job everyday and hate it. I wouldn't get anything done. I don't get it. The sense of hard work has gone away. Somewhat unrrelated but I always laughed at the guys I know who sit in the weight room lifting weights all day pounding down all kinds of supplements so they can look big and tough. For what? You tell them to go lift something other than a weight and they can't apply their strength they don't know how to use it. Then you have them try to work on a truck or something in a tight engine compartment and they're too big to fit in there, and still cant break the bolts loose that are out in the open.

Im not saying everybody should have a labor intense job. its more of a metaphor