TS Outlaw 2011

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just curious who's going. Never been to one of these myself. Was reading some about it on CompD, figured I'd ask for some information here.

Where is a decent place to stay?

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Just curious who's going. Never been to one of these myself. Was reading some about it on CompD, figured I'd ask for some information here.

Im going, i have a room at the sleep inn. It looked pretty nice last year, but was booked up, so last year i stayed at the Ramada. It was ok, the rooms smelt like smoke tho. Ive heard no complaints about the sleep inn.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
This is great event Tom (when not screwed up by weather or too much brew). Bowling Green is a great town, with plenty of decent motels. They do fill quickly however, so book it now!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
x2 on the Sleep Inn. That's where I'll be. There is also a LaQuinta in that group of hotels. I know a group that stayed there and said it was nice too.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds to me that the Sleep Inn is where all the Dmax guys are going to be. On to Expedia....:roflmao:

"Jager bombs at 9am"?!? Man, you guys are nuts.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working

Just wondering if you have been to any national event? I have never been to TS, but have been to Scheid's twice and was a blast both times. Lots of partying, trucks and fun!!

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just wondering if you have been to any national event? I have never been to TS, but have been to Scheid's twice and was a blast both times. Lots of partying, trucks and fun!!

No, I have not. As for partying.....I did enough of that 20 years ago to last me til Im 60. I dont drink a whole lot any more.

I was just thinking that this year might be a good time to go run my truck against guys from other parts of the country. I think it'd be a good fit for that 12.0 index class.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
No, I have not. As for partying.....I did enough of that 20 years ago to last me til Im 60. I dont drink a whole lot any more. Guess you could say Im a "cheap date" now. ;)

I was just thinking that this year might be a good time to go run my truck against guys from other parts of the country.

You should come down its a good time! Hopefully the weather holds out and it doesnt flood this year, im ready to watch some good racing!

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
TS Event

Tom you will have fun. To anyone who has not been to a big event, There is nothing like it! TS is a good event and good racing. I will be there with the family and will make a mini trip and go to the amusment park with the family. Hope tee see everyone there. Jeff

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh, I dont have to drink to have fun, Jeff. A couple beers, a nice buzz, and Im good.

Booked a room at Sleep Inn for Thurs-Sat. :thumb: Would like to bring the family, but not sure yet if Roni can get the time off.

Chris, I went to Mammoth back when I was a kid. :) Do they still do the tour where they turn off the lights?
ON EDIT: Just checked the Natl Park website. They do still have that tour.

Now to get the truck ready. :) April is gonna be a busy month getting it back to racing-worthy condition.

Last edited:

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
No, I have not. As for partying.....I did enough of that 20 years ago to last me til Im 60. I dont drink a whole lot any more.

I was just thinking that this year might be a good time to go run my truck against guys from other parts of the country. I think it'd be a good fit for that 12.0 index class.

Don't have to drink to party, bro. That is what most associate with partying, but I guarantee you will have a great time without drinking.

buildingup

Jan 1, 2010
Washington, Mi
Oh, I dont have to drink to have fun, Jeff. A couple beers, a nice buzz, and Im good.

Booked a room at Sleep Inn for Thurs-Sat. :thumb: Would like to bring the family, but not sure yet if Roni can get the time off.

Chris, I went to Mammoth back when I was a kid. :) Do they still do the tour where they turn off the lights?
ON EDIT: Just checked the Natl Park website. They do still have that tour.

Now to get the truck ready. :) April is gonna be a busy month getting it back to racing-worthy condition.

Need a chase truck with spare parts and trailer? :hello:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Plenty of us non-drinking old folks to hang out with Tom:rofl: Glad to see you can make it buddy.