Trying to get a smoother ride

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
05 lly cc sb rough as heck I'm running bilsteins right now and it's just un comfortable. Any suggestions to new shocks or a way to a better ride quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
There tightened a little as far as what there set at I dunno . (Front in is a little kicked up ) on 34.5 "tires psi 35

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Other question is any way I can swap shocks out and run like a 2.5 .. Or a 3.0 ,3.5 king smooth body ? Would a thicker shafted shock help with weight ?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Take out your torsion bar bolts. Remove the overload spring. Or remove most of the leafs and run airbags.

You can run rancho 9000, they have adjustable stiffness. If you want to go crazy there was someone that made airbags for the front too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Are you running the silver Bilsteins or the yellow ones? Silver ones are smoother. Also check your bump stops (jounce bumpers), they should be just touching the lower "A" arms. 35 psi should float like a butterfly. I run 65 frt and 70 rear, rides nice and smooth....

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Sounds like your cranked up too high in order to fit the tire, and more than likely have the wrong length shock. If your on factory control arms and the torsions are cranked that much, that will be another limiting factor. Your truck should not ride like crap when "leveled" if setup correctly.

Last edited:

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
I've got the silver ones . I inspected the shocks last night
ones def shot . I have bags in the back somehow the had like 28 psi in them so I took them down to around 5 . As for torsions yea I cranked them up to fit the tire but what's the right way to achieve the front a little hire ? Different ucas? And a longer shock ?

She's a tow rig but I daily drive it most of the time . Not looking to go crazy just wanna be smooth

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I've got the silver ones . I inspected the shocks last night
ones def shot . I have bags in the back somehow the had like 28 psi in them so I took them down to around 5 . As for torsions yea I cranked them up to fit the tire but what's the right way to achieve the front a little hire ? Different ucas? And a longer shock ?

She's a tow rig but I daily drive it most of the time . Not looking to go crazy just wanna be smooth

go to a smaller tire and lower the front back down or put an UCA on and shocks to match. your ride still will not be cushy caddy style though.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Yes, different control arms and either longer shocks or shocks with spacers to correct the length. Make sure when choosing an after market control arm that it corrects the ball joint angle when leveled, and allows for extra travel over factory. There are a few manufactures that make fancy stock replacements that do not correct the above. Cognito is a good choice, along with Fox shocks. The Cognito UCA's with the correct length shock will give you 28% more travel than a factory style arm.

Last edited:

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Yes, different control arms and either longer shocks or shocks with spacers to correct the length. Make sure when choosing an after market control arm that it corrects the ball joint angle when leveled, and allows for extra travel over factory. There are a few manufactures that make fancy stock replacements that do not correct the above. Cognito is a good choice, along with Fox shocks. The Cognito UCA's with the correct length shock will give you 28% more travel than a factory style arm.

Very helpful thanks

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
If your cranked high enough to clear 35's its gonna ride rough, mine rides pretty harsh. Like said you need uca's and 2.5" higher shocks or extended brackets but its still going to be bouncy.

dtjdiesel

Jan 9, 2010
9000xl

05 lly cc sb rough as heck I'm running bilsteins right now and it's just un comfortable. Any suggestions to new shocks or a way to a better ride quality

2013 Chev 3500HD with a Fabtech 4" lift. 45,000 km. Shocks front and back and upper ball joints shot. Installed the 9000 shocks. Set them at 1... Wow. Bouncy and smooth on the blacktop. Set them at 9.... Stiff and bumpy ... Set them at 6... Still stiff and bumpy ..... Dialed them to 3... Haven't driven on them yet...but heading to work so I will see how they are on the highway and then the logging roads... I will update... But so far great shocks ... Cost $154 plus taxes each Cdn

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Sorry to hijack a thread, but I didnt wanna create more clutter with a thread asking the same thing.

What is the process of removing a leaf spring? What does this even do?