Truck won't start- Air Dog quit

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Another reason why adding a lift pump is a good idea... stops your poor cp3 from sucking fuel all the way from the tank.

Well... when your lift pump quits it probably doesn't seem like it was such a great idea:( but yea....

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Put direct power to the AirDog via the wires right at the pump or by jumping the red and Yellow wires in the relay. This will bypass everything else and tell you if the pump is working or not.

If you put direct power to it and it doesn't run then it more than likely if a pump issue.

FWIW: My pump went out on me once 2 yrs ago and when it did the truck wouldn't run. However, since then i've run the truck w/o the pump turned on no problem. Not sure what it is but some trucks can pull through them and some can't. Has nothing to do with the pumps though.

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
I meant that the Cp3 is ok because when I can finally get the truck running it runs ok. When I shut it off it takes 10 minutes of pumping on the bulb above the filter to get it to start. I filled the truck up today an it didn't help. Called AirDog and they told me same thing, to jump directly acrossed the pump

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Check your ground wire, my pump quit and my fuel filter was getting a bit plugged so it was a very slow last 20 miles home. Ground wire was loose, tighted it and it ran fine. Changed the the filter too.:D

jon5212

Oct 13, 2010
Sounds like you are sucking air on top of the air dog not working. The airdog is a flow through design so the truck should still run without the airdog on.