Truck won't start- Air Dog quit

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
I drove my truck home from work Friday with no problems, before I left for home a buddy commented on hearing my AirDog run so I know it worked when I left. Went out to start my truck this morning and it wouldn't start After I messed around with it a minute I realized the AD wasn't running?!? Any ideas guys??? What would cause both??

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I drove my truck home from work Friday with no problems, before I left for home a buddy commented on hearing my AirDog run so I know it worked when I left. Went out to start my truck this morning and it wouldn't start After I messed around with it a minute I realized the AD wasn't running?!? Any ideas guys??? What would cause both??

IIRC AirDogs aren't flow through when they're not running. I know of another LMM that had an AirDog fail and wouldn't start.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Could have blown a fuse. Most of the time the trigger wire for the relay is tapped into an ignition fuse in the under hood fuse block. I would check there first.

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
I checked all my under hood fuses and there all ok. Does an AD have a fuse in line coming from the pump?

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
There should be plug down near the pump check that. You might as well use a test light and make sure you have power at the plug also.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
My air dog had a 2 amp fuse molded into the connector that plugs into the fuse box. It blew and I was without my air dog. It did not cause a no start condition though. I put in a 10 amp and it has been fine since then.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Yeah mines got 2 fuses. A mini in the fuse tap for the key on signal wire and a 30 amp in the main power wire. And my airdog is flow. I had it unplugged for a week or so waiting on parts to fix a fuel leak (only leaked with the pump on). but if I had less than 1/2 a tank the truck did take longer to start and with less than a 1/4 I'd have to pump the bulb on the fuel filter. (only did that once)

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
My truck still runs and drives with the A.D. 150 off,, FYI...... Not sure if the new pumps are different or?? But it should still start regardless of the pump in my experience....

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
When you say won't start what do you mean won't crank or just won't start like no fuel? Can you hear the factory pump kick on?

KidwickedLMM

Jun 12, 2011
Yes a fuel issue. Turns over hard but won't fire. Factory pump runs but AD doesn't. Finally got the truck to start by pumping the ball on top of filter. Then wouldn't start after I shut it off. Truck only has 1/8 tank of fuel idk I'd that could be an issue?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yes a fuel issue. Turns over hard but won't fire. Factory pump runs but AD doesn't. Finally got the truck to start by pumping the ball on top of filter. Then wouldn't start after I shut it off. Truck only has 1/8 tank of fuel idk I'd that could be an issue?

Did you use a aftermarket pick up in the tank? 1/8 tank with a aftermarket pick up not modified correctly would cause a no fuel/start issue. If its the factory pick -up then you should not have any issues starting even low on fuel.. Sounds like your getting air in the system to me...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What factory pump?