Timing for higher flow injectors

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
I currently have 50hp industrial sticks. I am upgradig to 90hp this week. On vacation now, when I get back they will be installed. I have heard that you need to reduce timing.

Problem. I have no idea how to do this. Little nervous about screwing truck up changing pilot and main injection timing.

Any body have suggestions or tutoring with tuning?

lawrence

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
You only need to adjust timing if you are adjusting pulse width - which is going to be neccesary to keep from draining the rail, running high EGTs, and smoking all the time. Do you have EFI Live?

You can give me a call if you like 330-442-7879. I have 90hp II sticks in my truck with a Cheetah and stock LBZ CP3 and have the timing and PW on my big tune set up really nice - no rattle and I hold about 21K psi all the way down the track on my 12.44 passes (no bottle all motor) - my EGT hover around 1400* at WOT in 4WD.

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
Nice. Thanks for the hearty welcome here. Yes I have EFI Live. My sig will be as follows.......02 LB7.....PPE(stg 4 trans, boost valve, ported fuel fitting), EFI Livev2, TTS dual lift pumps, Ind Injection 90hp injectors, modded intake and couple more.

lawrence