Thoughts on Jamo?

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Seen some good prices on the t-409 stainless Jamo exhaust systems and was wondering if anybody had any experience or reviews about them. I am thinking about a stainless 4" Jamo straight pipe with a PPE stainless doe pipe for my lml.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Skip the stainless stuff, it's cheap metal from China. Just buy alumized and roll with it, I have buddies with the stainless and it looks awful after just a year or so. My alumized looks basically new still, down pipe is a HUGE pain in the ass on an LML so you might want to think about it....

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Wayyyy more difficult than lmm. There is NO room and there are fuel lines to cap to 9th injector, most wait untill trans is out to do the install...

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Ive had my aluminized 5" for 6 years and it still looks great no rust or anything i got mine from a add in the back of a summit magazine heartland i think was the name of it? Only thing thats happened to it is i overloaded the truck and kind of crimped the bend going over the axle but thats user error :D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Been running aluminized steel on my LMM hotshot for last 260k just starting to rust(surface) around weld areas... Some high temp paint would have fixed that

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Well lmm was no fun either lol. Anybody know what size and kind of plug I would need? And you guys talked me into just the aluminum exhaust, if anything I will have creators paint I can use on it since I do powder coating and gun coatings

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
You can follow the 9th injector line back to the pump n stick a bolt in it. Iirc it's a 12mm. If not it's turned off in the tuning and you just take the injector out the old downpipe n zip tie it out of the way.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I can just reinstall it n the downpipe and call it a day? It will be turned off obviously cause I will run straight pipe.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I just linked the line for the time being or get a plug.i think it took an hour or so to do the down pipe. It was for sure a pain just because of the shield which doesn't get used. I took a pry bar an pryed it out the way an the down pipe fell out basically.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I can just reinstall it n the downpipe and call it a day? It will be turned off obviously cause I will run straight pipe.

If your not swapping dp then yes. If no then just zip tie it out of the way. I cut my hard line n crimped it so it wasn't so long and not likely to get caught on something and pull out.