This view makes me want to cry...

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Sounds like I have a motor that runs on spent casings and rocks. Not to mention a bad starter and other crap. But I leave it in the capable hands of Engle Automotive and one of our very own members.

ea5141ea5748dbd05c1bda877b28642f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Just fixing or doing something more?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Retrofit projectors. I'm doing that soon.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Retrofit projectors. I'm doing that soon.

I did these on my Cadillac and plan on doing them on my truck someday. Maybe we'll have a retrofit party :hug:

Glad I could get to your truck today Chris. Things could have been worse for sure. You had me scared when you described how the engine sounded. Hopefully the service writers up front will get their shit together and get you taken care of haha.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I did these on my Cadillac and plan on doing them on my truck someday. Maybe we'll have a retrofit party :hug:

Glad I could get to your truck today Chris. Things could have been worse for sure. You had me scared when you described how the engine sounded. Hopefully the service writers up front will get their shit together and get you taken care of haha.

Im sure I overreacted to the sound but DAMN I had never heard anything like that other then when my mother in law speaks. Now THAT is scary.

THANKS AGAIN!

After it is running again I want to maybe get my banks tuner fixed but if they wont fix it I want to get EFI live. Do you recommend the selectable tunes? I love how smokeless my truck is right now and I want it to stay that way so whatever I can do to avoid excess smoke... I just don't wanna be a ricer. :)

And not to sound stupid but what does it mean to retrofit projectors? (Im a gun guy not a car guy)

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Im sure I overreacted to the sound but DAMN I had never heard anything like that other then when my mother in law speaks. Now THAT is scary.

THANKS AGAIN!

After it is running again I want to maybe get my banks tuner fixed but if they wont fix it I want to get EFI live. Do you recommend the selectable tunes? I love how smokeless my truck is right now and I want it to stay that way so whatever I can do to avoid excess smoke... I just don't wanna be a ricer. :)

And not to sound stupid but what does it mean to retrofit projectors? (Im a gun guy not a car guy)

I run PPEI tuning (Kory Willis) and there is barely any smoke even on tune 5 it's just a puff at WOT and cleans right up.

Retrofits- custom fitting a projector style assembly into the factory light housing for HIDs.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I run PPEI tuning (Kory Willis) and there is barely any smoke even on tune 5 it's just a puff at WOT and cleans right up.

Retrofits- custom fitting a projector style assembly into the factory light housing for HIDs.

Cook thanks for the info! And headlight thing seems beyond my level. Anyone got any pics of theirs?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
When you come to pick up the truck I'll show you the lights in my Caddy. For my first go round it was actually way easier than I was expecting. Once you get over the whole leaving the headlights in the oven for thirty minutes it's a piece of cake haha.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado

Its all coming back to me now. On another forum for cars I saw guys doing this. Considered it but was too scared to try. I like it. Eventually I want to get new housings as I feel the stock ones look like cheap shiny plastic on my truck. I also think I want to do something with those side strips. Maybe paint them black or something. That chrome looking tape from the factory is starting to bubble but I like having them to keep idiots from scratching my truck.

360f3317cd167b7eb34173400fbc1cd0.jpg

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
I feel ya bro :hug: During the winter my wife sent me a text "look how much snow we got" I had the DMAX in the backyard back then, all I focused on was my truck with snow on top of it :(

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Well, got it back....I feel like I got somebody else's truck! Ive had it a year and it has never felt the way it does now. It feels responsive, and it is actually faster. I always figured the sluggishness was a diesel thing as this is my first one. I wonder how long this thing has been going bad. It also sounds "healthier" if you know what I mean. Nice smooth idle. And the battery terminals Dustin tightened up....nice to have a radio that doesn't short and a truck that cranks like brand new. To top it off I now have stock lights. Ive been meaning to do that since I got it too. It had crappy HID bulbs in it.

I cannot thank Dustin enough. A true legend. Also, Engle Automotive was great to work with. They kept me up to date and informed even though I suck at answering my phone.

Feels like Christmas!