Texas Diesel Roundup Spring March 8th and 9th 2013

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I texted Elvis yesterday and didn't get a reply so idk if something came up or what. If I don't hear from him and it rains I don't think I'll come since his was really the one I wanted to see run. Plus if it rains the trucks won't be able to run all out anyways. Either way ill text both of y'all in the morning so y'all aren't sitting there waiting thinking I'm coming.

BIG PHIL

32 valve
Aug 24, 2011
Weatherford Texas
Sweet, there's also about 4 or 5 guys on Facebook and a couple off the cummins forum that said they were meeting us for the convoy. We'll see in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Sweet, there's also about 4 or 5 guys on Facebook and a couple off the cummins forum that said they were meeting us for the convoy. We'll see in the morning.

What exit was it that Iam supposed to take to get to the truck stop? It's been awhile and I forgot lol

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Alright cool. Just got to Haslet raced me a Titan that was pretty damn quick!! Stayed with me till 120!! Lol. There was a vortec to trying to keep up. Wasn't happening. Haha

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Bastards canceled drag races RIGHT at the end of the sled pulls!!! Grr. Oh well met a few cool people though!

Damn that sucks, I figured that would happen though and I have way too many irons in the fire right now to play hooky for a day just to have them cancel the one thing I wanted to see. There's always Ennis :D

BIG PHIL

32 valve
Aug 24, 2011
Weatherford Texas
Yep, they tried to get it dried up. They had everyone doing laps down the track trying to dry it out. Just when it would almost be dry it would start raining again. The sled pull was cool and I had a lot of fun on the convoy. It was cool meeting you Quinton, hopefully you'll be able to make the next one Kevin.

outlawdra

Mar 25, 2008
North Texas
www.outlawdra.com
Yep, they tried to get it dried up. They had everyone doing laps down the track trying to dry it out. Just when it would almost be dry it would start raining again. The sled pull was cool and I had a lot of fun on the convoy. It was cool meeting you Quinton, hopefully you'll be able to make the next one Kevin.

\

Hey Phil, thanks for summing it up for me/us...lots of money/time went into "trying" to prep the track to be safe for racing and as we, who were there, all know it would rain again.

4 hours of prep time then 90% completed it rained again...only so much the track owner "B" would put into it and we dont blame him...the tracks attempt to make it safe was beyond any effort any other track has ever done for us "Diesels". If you have been around a bit you know this...

I / We appreciate everyone coming out and supporting our efforts to host a 2 day Event and yes we raced Friday night All of us were hoping for the same, no rain, but mother nature beat us out...

Sometimes that happens when hosting a outdoor event in March in Texas.

*Ever been on asphalt after it rains and the "oil" comes up and you spin out even though it "looked" dry...this isnt street racing, throw some vht and pray, its someones life!

Ask the guy in the black dodge who nearly ended up in the wall at the end of the track when he decided he could handle the "light rain/mist" on the track...he PARKED it and did not drive it again til he left.

Thanks again!
:cool:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Bastards?

Was just playing didn't mean to offend you or anyone. I understand that y'all tried y'all's hardest to get the track prepped and get the races going bit there is only so much you can do until, like you said, Mother Nature comes in. I appreciate the effort y'all did and all the money y'all put into trying to get the track dry. I had fun going in circles anyways! Lol. Still have oct anyways. Plus ennis is this next month!

BIG PHIL

32 valve
Aug 24, 2011
Weatherford Texas
Yeah, that guy in the dodge was one of the guys that convoyed with us. He said he had his truck in 4x4??? Maybe that was the problem. I know that track was slick for sure. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one!

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx

I'll definitely be at Ennis:thumb: