Suspension lift preferences

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Personally I like CST, they aren't a spindle lift so your track width stays the same. I think a dually would look kind of funny with the wheels sticking out from the fenders. imo

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
yes SAS is the way to go but if your going to wheel it like in the deep mud of FL 1 tons wont cut it so im keeping my current truck as a tow pig and hopefully getting a matching truck by the end of the year for some 5 tons. here is the remains of my brother 6" pro comp he is now doing the 8" pure performance SAS coil over kit.

JS you have a PM

I'm sorry to hear that....

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
the truck will mostly be used as a cruising truck. off road trails here arent wide enough to be driving a crew cab dually thru.

Those 2 duallys are awesome trucks but theres no way my wife will let me spend the grands to accomplish getting that look although I would LOVE to get that height! unless someone wants to sponsor me a lift id be more then happy to accept!!:D

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
youre pros and cons are going to come from you goals the key is angles alot of 8" lifts are glorified 6" lifts cranked to hell. a quality 8" is going to have upper arms. im going to be running a knuckle lift as apposed to a bracket drop it will increase my width in the front by 1.5" but i wont loose turning radius like brackets. off hand i dont like the FTS lift because you cut shit off the frame and cant return your truck to stock if for some reason you ever needed to. the key to your ride is going to come from angle the further your bars are loaded the stiffer they ride. and when a lift is cranked alot youll prematurely wear things like TREs and BJs. alot of people talk about CV angles first but the fact of the matter is im more concerned about TRE and BJs as my truck is my DD and my toy and being safe on the road is key

But when you overcrank you are putting added stress to the components that are already wear items in the first place. By keeping the cranking to a minimum you stay within a green zone and the premature wear items tend to be longer lasting. UBJ take a beating when you crank too high and that can lead to some safety problems I mean who wants to be out on the trail or wherever and have a ball joint fail? Not me no way. So keeping you CV at a nice level will not wear out items as fast.

i agree

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
If your on a buget like the rest of us but dont want a " budget " kit Then get a tuff country 6'' .

Mines been more than i expected, And LOTS of guys sled pull with it so that sold me on it.

I not paying for a name ( like cognito) when i can get a quality lift for for a few hundred less.

You'll have a hard time finding a better lift for the money than a T. C.

Good luck with your choice!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I hear lots of good things about tuff country. Personally i love my modded Fabtech 8" lift. Thing has been through hell and back and still gives me no issues.