Stock injector hold downs breaking point vs billet

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Going to be putting my 60 overs in as soon as they come back from exergy. I am wondering if I need billet injector hold downs or if the stock hold downs will hold up? I've tried to do some research and havnt come up with much besides there are high hp trucks out there with both stock and billet.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I went with billet hold downs since I had one of the stockers back out. I just saw it is "cheap" insurance. Much cheaper to buy hold downs than risk cracking an injector down the road.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I've had alot of stock hold downs back out. I'm buying billet ones. Lots of ppl still use stock in alot of there big builds like empire, but I guess I must not be a good mechanic lol.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yeah I think they actually bend. That's what I was told atleast. Cause I wanted to just buy studs and use the stock hoedowns and someone said that tried and failed at that.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Did you do anything with the injector cups on those heads?

The cups were installed about a year ago with new o rings and loc-title on the sealing surface. The machine shop pressure tested the cups with the heads and said they were good?

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Great another option lol, I'm curious if the hold down or the bolts are the weak point though.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I've only bought exhaust valves and guides through SoCal but they have great products and awesome customer service. I just wish the hold downs were a little cheaper.. Guess it's one of those you get what you pay for deals though.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I've only bought exhaust valves and guides through SoCal but they have great products and awesome customer service. I just wish the hold downs were a little cheaper.. Guess it's one of those you get what you pay for deals though.

Shoot Steve@SSDieselTuning a PM or email he is a SoCal dealer and more than fair on price!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Billlet hold downs have broken. Just throwing it out there.

When I lift a cup I will buy billet. Untill then, they proved not needed to me.