South Central Kentucky
1st run 10 lbs Tow Haul Off wheel hopped
2nd run 8 lbs Tow Haul On wheel hopped
3rd run 6 lbs Tow Haul Off wheel hopped

I won all 3 of my races but how can I fix this problem

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
what was your tire pressure? and might want to check the idler arm bushing mounted to the frame. NJlly had one that was cracked in half and he had similar problems. damn near put him into the wall one night at the track.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
clamp you springs and lower you air pressure. Check into some Caltracs too, those are awesome. Whats your best time to date? I know a guy with a similar setup in an ext cab truck that went to a SD center link, caltracs, proxyes and has the springs clamped and it leaves like a dream. He runs lower air pressure too but can't remember what. You may have seen the truck down there at the other 1/4 mile track(besides BG).

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
i would run 40-45PSI in the fronts and 35PSI in the rears! also doing an aftermarket straight centerlink will greatly help keeping the front going straight along with a locker in the front!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Lower the torsion bars and lower the tire pressure. That should get you launching pretty straight.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Lower the torsion bars to get the CV's flat. With sleeves, a straight centerlink and flat CVs it will launch straight everytime. For rear wheel hop the spring clamps or traction bars should fix it. And for better traction all around you need to lower tire pressures. On street/at tires I normally run 28-30 rear and 36-38 at the track.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Gotta get the front down, wider offset wheels magnify the problem. the more pitch in the tie rods the worse it will be, big positive offset wheels and pitched tierods will be the worse. A straight centerlink, lowered bars till the rods are lever or just past level will launch straight everytime, even spining!